Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i dont know a whole lot about cars and considering that im still pretty young i go pretty much off the shade tree mechanics my dads know to help me out and well of course you guys so any help would be greatly appreciated. im hearing this weird noise towards the rear end whenever i accelerate it doesn't happen all the time. its like a clicking / clanking sound so what do you think it could be? i know i probably need to replace my rear leaf spring soon? maybe get a rear suspension kit new shock and every thing? so what should i go with?

·
Registered
741 Posts
We need much more information! What have you done? What was done before? Stock parts? Has it always done that? Clank when turning? etc etc

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need much more information! What have you done? What was done before? Stock parts? Has it always done that? Clank when turning? etc etc
it just started not too long ago actuallly. Im pretty sure the parts are stock suspension wise i know the leaf spring's about overdue. clanks when turning in reverse a little bit sometimes. especially when i put it into gear and it squats you can hear it

·
Supporting Vendor
3,773 Posts
Almost 30 year old suspension parts.
Look at the U joints, rubber bushings, look for flat spring, check the PB shoes/springs, rear bearings, side yoke play, snubber bushing,posi chatter.

Any and all of the above could be giving you the noise. Of course if Bubba was in there over the past 28 years then you could have some other oddities to be found.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Almost 30 year old suspension parts.
Look at the U joints, rubber bushings, look for flat spring, check the PB shoes/springs, rear bearings, side yoke play, snubber bushing,posi chatter.

Any and all of the above could be giving you the noise. Of course if Bubba was in there over the past 28 years then you could have some other oddities to be found.

to this I will add pinion bushing and u-joints...
...redvetracr

PS: prepare for the deadly "whileimatitatosis" desease

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Just curious do you have the VBandP traction bar installed?

I think this was making a knocking noise on mine

I took it off and haven't noticed it

Although I haven't drove it too far yet

I also had a horrible vibration :down: :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious do you have the VBandP traction bar installed?

I think this was making a knocking noise on mine

I took it off and haven't noticed it

Although I haven't drove it too far yet

I also had a horrible vibration :down: :(
i have no idea haha

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same Noise

I have the same clanking sound on mine when I accelerate. I know I have to replace one of my trailing arms, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping that that will solve the problem.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,773 Posts
I have the same clanking sound on mine when I accelerate. I know I have to replace one of my trailing arms, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping that that will solve the problem.
May be your snubber bushing, check to see if it's dry rotted or oil soaked from a leaking pinion seal.

·
Registered
741 Posts
May be your snubber bushing, check to see if it's dry rotted or oil soaked from a leaking pinion seal.
What he said... I would check this and the trans mount first. Make sure they are not broken, or crushed.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
...prepare for the deadly "whileimatitatosis" desease

Hehehe, was just discussing this strange affliction a couple of days ago with B2B :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts