Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the vette out today and while driving to work the Info center lite up like a X-mas tree. Service ABS.. Service Traction control ...Service Active Handling . So I got to work and turned the car off and started it backup and nothing. So I called the dealer , brougt it in and he puts it on the computer and it didn't hold any codes ..So he couldn't find anything .It hasn't lit-up since. I remember just when it lit up I had hit a good bump in the road and the car took it pretty good but not bad enough to damage anything. What the heck happened?:huh:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
If we told you we'd have to kill you....

Seriously I would suspect that maybe one of the connectors to the dic or a bcm are loose? The hard jarring of the bump momentarily broke connection and caused the havoc. I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a frequent thing. Did th dealer log it into your car's history of repairs? I would hope so so if it happens later there is proof that it isn't the first time.

My son had a similar occurance on his 00 coupe and the dealer checked all the connections and finally replaced a bcm that was bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't kill me until I at least enjoy my ride for awhile.. Yes it is logged in and I have the paper work.. I think it was just the bump in the road that did it but I'll keep an eye on it..

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2K coupe. Dic went crazy like a sailor on leave (sorry Bubblehead and TreCool626) Ended up being a bad ground. A loose connection on the BCM probably would give the same results

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Had the same problem with my 02 Z06 at 4k miles a few months ago.

Also had Low Fuel and the windows would not go down :nuts:

Took it in and they replace the drivers computer module. Did the same crap. Turned out I had a bad connection in the door. Replaced connector fixed the problem.

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts