Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys, maybe you can help me out. My 700r4 85 is doing something weird. When I lay into the throttle, from about 3000 on up I get a weird vibration coming from behind me. It sounds like its coming from the rear end, but not sure. The vibration is in a little pattern, it vibrates hard then off, in about a 2-3 second interval. What could this be? A few people tell me it could be my U-joints, but im not sure if that would be the problem. Others say it could just be the tranny mounts. But again, its coming from behind me. If you guys could help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks Again. :partyon:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
For starters, I would check the balance on the rear wheels, it may be as simple and cheap as that. Good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright man thanks. I'll take a look at that as soon as possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
vibration

I installed after market wheels and had the very same problem.
The tire shop then removed the wheels, they were perfectly balanced. Next they installed some plastic looking O rings on the back of the wheels (were the center caps go) and that simplicity got rid of my vibration which was taken place after 70 mph. Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you guys. It'll be sometime at the end of this week before it'll be mobile. Cuz my ECM is at Mid America being refurnished. But i'm going to see how my alignment is, and also check out the wheels and tires. Thanks again you guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
could be rear hubs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tommy 226..........Did it come in intervals of a couple seconds? I just got my ecm back and I'm ready to take into some places to get things looked at.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tommy 226..........Did it come in intervals of a couple seconds? I just got my ecm back and I'm ready to take into some places to get things looked at.
It depended whether or not I was on the gas, I let it go for a while, then it started clicking when I made a right turn. I was prepared to go with a whole new hub but it turned out to be just the U-joint

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. Well thank you. I've been needing to get those changed any ways. I get a small clicking when i put into gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts