Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Corvette forum community. As you all know, the Corvette is an American Legend, and all contributions just reinforces the dedication and brotherhood of all the clubs, forums and websites here and abroad, and it draws us all closer together in the Corvette family. Remember, we are only the temporary keepers of our Vettes, and at some point we will pass the torch to the next generation. I look forward to working together in the future to share information, events and comradery.

My compliments on your site. Good luck to you and I wish you growth and success.

Sincerely,
FatherLarry

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
FatherLarry said:
Welcome to the Corvette forum community. As you all know, the Corvette is an American Legend, and all contributions just reinforces the dedication and brotherhood of all the clubs, forums and websites here and abroad, and it draws us all closer together in the Corvette family. Remember, we are only the temporary keepers of our Vettes, and at some point we will pass the torch to the next generation. I look forward to working together in the future to share information, events and comradery.

My compliments on your site. Good luck to you and I wish you growth and success.

Sincerely,
FatherLarry
FatherLarry,

Thank you for the nice things you said.

digitalcorvettes.com appreciate all the folks (like you) who put in the dedication, long hours and money to provide free forums on the internet for the Corvette family (and the volunteers who help run the sites).

There is something magical about the Corvette, something my 9 year old son already understands. And, much like the movie "Field of Dreams" ... I just had to build this place. And they are coming.

And, I agree, let's keep the communication open and collaborate. It's all good for "the family".

My best,
Patrick96LT4

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well said Patrick96LT4. Always happy to find another good forum. I am retired from GM and have been a Corvette enthusiast since I got my first ride hitching with my friend to go to the beach. This young fellow stopped with his '63 split window coupe and picked us up. I was only 139 lbs, and just a kid, so I scrunched under the back window. Listening to the dual exhaust as I laid in the back staring at the split window, feeling the torque of this magnificient machine, injected my blood with Corvette fever. It's really amazing how this car lasted 50 yrs and us baby boomers are now passing it on to the future generations.

The one thing you said about the dedication involved here is so true. The technician that I have on my site, Michael Kotze is fifty yrs old, GM certified and one of the top Corvette mechanics in the Lehigh Valley area, and dedicates his time for free, juggling two jobs, a wife and three children. He manages to promptly answer all our members questions, all on his own free time. You know Patrick, forums like mine and yours are unique. There are many out there that have loads of sponsors and are making a profit. We do it because we have a love for the only true American sports car.

Well, again good luck. Your welcome to come and join our site also. We are always happy to have new members. There's always a thrill when you see a new member join. It's great fun. Enjoy.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
nice to see you stop by fatherlarry :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts