Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited the Bowling Green KY plant a few months ago and the Cadillac XLR was ready to go. No one had ANY INFO AT ALL on the C6. I drove all around the plant and did not see a single C6 prototype (just a black XLR cruising around).

Since the XLR is reportedly using roughly the same gear as the C6 it sounds like the changes will be along the lines of re-fitted body panels, updated interior and a tweaked 5.7 V8. You can't expect a chassis redesign form a car that came out in 1997, can you??

Still praying that the C6 is made bigger inside for taller drivers (I am definately buying a 2005 if it is). Also, I'm on my 2nd vette and really like the look of some of the new imports that use more wood and aluminum (like the Mercedes SLR concept). I am 100% Ok with Corvette assuming a high performance image for 2005 as they have been doing but I also want possibly wood and some carbon fiber with aluminum.

I also hope the 2005 Cadillac STS is competitive in size with the current Mercedes S Class.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Do you have to make reservations for the tour? It seems the C6 is more hush hush than some new military fighter aircraft. I hope it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no reservations needed for the tour

What was wild was the Jack Daniels distillery tour that I visited on the way back to ATL (where I drove from). Overall I'd recommend the tour to anyone.

Let's get a factory Lingenfelter 600HP supercharged vette (with the GM 3/36 warranty), what do you think of that idea for 2005???

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: no reservations needed for the tour

jerseyvette said:
What was wild was the Jack Daniels distillery tour that I visited on the way back to ATL (where I drove from). Overall I'd recommend the tour to anyone.

Let's get a factory Lingenfelter 600HP supercharged vette (with the GM 3/36 warranty), what do you think of that idea for 2005???
I think it'd be great if GM worked together with LPE... much like they did Callaway.... or the marine place that did the ZR-1 motors.....

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Cool, I'm planning on going this October.:)

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Natural Hi said:
Thanks for sharing. Do you have to make reservations for the tour? It seems the C6 is more hush hush than some new military fighter aircraft. I hope it's worth the wait.
They usually have tours at 9am and 1pm. Except when something special is going on at the museum all you have to do is show up and sign in. They take you around in groups of 20-25

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
One day we'll go there. Our Vette hasn't been on American soil since it was built and shipped over here in '90. We'll take her back home :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts