Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get rid of 1400 pounds of garbage.

Man, what an experience. You see, in Pennsylvania, for some reason, we take in everybody’s garbage. They haul in it from several different states.

I was there for about a half an hour and counted 17 tractor trailers and big dump trucks. I was parked in the fill between two semis and my pile of junk was minuscule compared to what they dumped. And that goes on every single day.

The smell, well, to say the least, was not very pleasant. If I was hung-over, I would have thrown up for sure.

The lesson I learned: get a dumpster, regardless of the price.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Went to the dump this week…

Speed Racer said:
Dumpsters are actually pretty cheap. And, EXTREMELY convenient.

What were you throwing away?:huh:

For some reason, my father was really into glass—plate glass. I think he may have been going senile before he died.

I called up every recycling center in the book and nobody wanted it or would even take it.

It was in my back building, 2000 square feet filled with garbage. The majority of the other stuff I can take to the scrap yard where it will be recycled.

I desperately need the room for a project I’m working on. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Seems like a lot of people turn pack rat as they get older. Had to clear out a couple of apartments and houses from deceased relatives. A lot of it makes you wonder what they were thinking. Son in law cleaned out his mother's house - 3 large dumpsters. Still has enough usable for family distribution and yard sales.:D :buhbye:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts