Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and scored 8 kills. best et was 9.82 @107.71 mph . the road racers sure do it different than the norm. very nice folk that run the place. first paid my cash to get in then had to go to a building to fill out info and get teched .they didnt even look at the car or my helmit. then went to where i thought the staging lanes would be (like a normal strip . pulled up and found it was employee parking , guy got in a cart and showed me where to enter which is pit lane when it a road course . i pull up on this road and out 200 feet before you turn to stage there is a set of cones . the guy stops me and says you do a burn out here on the accsess road and then turn to stage . no water box just guy reving the ever lovin out of there cars and doing john force burnouts along the acsess road which is right next to the strip . then i pull up to stage and low and behold there is no prep .the starting line looks like a city street . drag radials seem to like this setup as long as i didnt get them too hot. i came about 11/2 hrs after everything started . every one was looking at me like i was fresh meat in a starving tigers cage . first up next to me was a new 5.0 mustang . left him in the dust big time . then his buddy come up in a super charged challenger . i get him by 3 cars. then there was a 95 cobra mustang . 5 cars . then 2 03-4 cobra mustangs 2 cars on 1 and 4 cars on another . then its bracket time .f irst up is a big block nova . i didnt get to see his dial in so i thought i sure might be leaving first .but i was .6 tenths faster . he redlighted . then a ricer honda who was running 13.80s felt like i was there for days but clipped him at the line . then a pontiac gto got him at the lights to . so i am in the finals against a hundi syv that dialed in 15.0. waited so long i blew the tires off at the line and the slowest car there wins the bracket . it all in all was a fun kinda back in time kinda night . felt like the 60s all over again .oh ps the folk at the track comped me when they found out i drove 160 miles to get there . girl that rns the track was way cute too :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh pps , the call it grudge night. only true street cars allowed . and my old 92 zr1 was the only car that got into the 9s out of about 75 cars. the old gals was the fastest pig in the pen :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts