Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an about-face mocked on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Wham-O, the company that created the Hula-Hoop and Slip 'n Slide, decided to bring half of its Frisbee production and some production of its other products back to the U.S.A
Finance the future of an American Kid

Buy Wham-O products " Made In The U.S.A " :nuts:

I may have to go out and buy me a new Slip-n-Slide

Full story: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Companies-brace-for-end-of-apf-2437567795.html?x=0

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Goes to *Economic Patriotism* ... a new term the (D)'s will be bringing to the forefront with regards to their *Bringing America Back* ...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goes to *Economic Patriotism* ... a new term the (D)'s will be bringing to the forefront with regards to their *Bringing America Back* ...

:thumbsup:
Well Somebody needs to bring it back,

I was beginning to wonder if anyone stills loves their country * * * *

I found this to be good news and Speaks Volumes About the Wham-O Corporation

Wham-O has always Lead the way and now their doing it again,

GO-Wham-O :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Finance the future of an American Kid

Buy Wham-O products " Made In The U.S.A " :nuts:

I may have to go out and buy me a new Slip-n-Slide

Full story: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Companies-brace-for-end-of-apf-2437567795.html?x=0
:rolleyes:
Patriotism???? :crazy: Dims bringing back business???? :rolling:

SHANGHAI (AP) -- Factory workers demanding better wages and working conditions are hastening the eventual end of an era of cheap costs that helped make southern coastal China the world's factory floor.

A series of strikes over the past two months have been a rude wakeup call for the many foreign companies that depend on China's low costs to compete overseas, from makers of Christmas trees to manufacturers of gadgets like the iPad.

Where once low-tech factories and scant wages were welcomed in a China eager to escape isolation and poverty, workers are now demanding a bigger share of the profits. The government, meanwhile, is pushing foreign companies to make investments in areas it believes will create greater wealth for China, like high technology.

All that has happened is that third world countries have raised their standard of living and we have managed to lower ours to theirs. :nuts: There is no longer that benefit of producing goods over seas. However you look at it, jobs coming back is a good thing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
:rolleyes:
Patriotism???? :crazy: Dims bringing back business???? :rolling:

SHANGHAI (AP) -- Factory workers demanding better wages and working conditions are hastening the eventual end of an era of cheap costs that helped make southern coastal China the world's factory floor.

A series of strikes over the past two months have been a rude wakeup call for the many foreign companies that depend on China's low costs to compete overseas, from makers of Christmas trees to manufacturers of gadgets like the iPad.

Where once low-tech factories and scant wages were welcomed in a China eager to escape isolation and poverty, workers are now demanding a bigger share of the profits. The government, meanwhile, is pushing foreign companies to make investments in areas it believes will create greater wealth for China, like high technology.

All that has happened is that third world countries have raised their standard of living and we have managed to lower ours to theirs. :nuts: There is no longer that benefit of producing goods over seas. However you look at it, jobs coming back is a good thing. :thumbsup:

Anyone know why Manufacturing Jobs went “down” over the last decade. :rolleyes:

BTW; I use my iPad a lot … it’s sure lighter than my Laptop. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Anyone know why Manufacturing Jobs went “down” over the last decade. :rolleyes:

BTW; I use my iPad a lot … it’s sure lighter than my Laptop. :thumbsup:

Went down where? Here?

Run a Google for Bill Clinton/Free Trade/China/NAFTA. ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
the same reason education has gone down. UNIONS!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Went down where? Here?

Run a Google for Bill Clinton/Free Trade/China/NAFTA. ;)
Are you sure you’ve gone back far enough … ? :laughing:

Was Government on Vacation during the Bush Administration? ;)

If it was such a GD bad idea … how come it wasn’t repealed? :rolleyes:

Oh wait … Obama wasn’t in office. :lookinup:

Ok … now you can repealed it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
spoken like a true manager. how was your weekend? unions got that for you. maternity benefits? unions got that for ya. 8 hour days? yup them too. did i mention lunch hours?
:down: Sir, I’m afraid you’ll have to excuse yourself from The Digital Corvette Forum News … Thinking on your own is not allowed … ever! ;)

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
:down: Sir, I’m afraid you’ll have to excuse yourself from The Digital Corvette Forum News … Thinking on your own is not allowed … ever! ;)
You prove that over and over again time after time...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You prove that over and over again time after time...... :rolleyes:
That’s so Week and Insincere … any original thoughts come with those Fries? :D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Are you sure you’ve gone back far enough … ? :laughing:

Was Government on Vacation during the Bush Administration? ;)

If it was such a GD bad idea … how come it wasn’t repealed? :rolleyes:

Oh wait … Obama wasn’t in office. :lookinup:

Ok … now you can repealed it. :thumbsup:
Obviously you haven't. Study some history, then come back to discuss with the adults here. :spanked:

Clinton on Free Trade
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Bill_Clinton_Free_Trade.htm

Bill Clinton signs Free Trade Bill with China 10/10/2000
http://articles.cnn.com/2000-10-10/politics/clinton.pntr_1_wto-membership-china-global-trade-regime?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Costly Trade With China: Millions of U.S. jobs displaced with net job loss in every state
Robert E. Scott
May 1, 2007
http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/bp188/

Hillary Clinton breaks with Husband's View on Free Trade/China!
:nuts:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=atUKcP4eSEvY
March 30 (Bloomberg) -- One of President Bill Clinton's enduring legacies was his hard-fought push for trade deals with Mexico and China. His wife is heading in another direction.

Senator Hillary Clinton, the front-runner for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, wonders why the North American Free Trade Agreement is ``continuing to drive hundreds of thousands, even millions, of people from Mexico into our country,'' she said in an interview. ``We just can't keep doing what we did in the 20th century.''

Somewhere along the Clintons' ``bridge to the 21st century'' -- their 1996 campaign mantra -- they parted ways on trade. Bill was a champion of the global economy and prodded Congress to approve Nafta in 1993 and China's entry into the World Trade Organization in 2001

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Obviously you haven't. Study some history, then come back to discuss with the adults here. :spanked:

Clinton on Free Trade
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Bill_Clinton_Free_Trade.htm

Bill Clinton signs Free Trade Bill with China 10/10/2000
http://articles.cnn.com/2000-10-10/politics/clinton.pntr_1_wto-membership-china-global-trade-regime?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Costly Trade With China: Millions of U.S. jobs displaced with net job loss in every state
Robert E. Scott
May 1, 2007
http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/bp188/

Hillary Clinton breaks with Husband's View on Free Trade/China!
:nuts:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=atUKcP4eSEvY

So how much of those Manufacturing Jobs were brought back by “W” ? ;)

Link? :thud:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
So how much of those Manufacturing Jobs were brought back by “W” ? ;)

How many by "O"???

Seems you think anything prior to 2009 is Bush's fault. :crazy:
If you look at the issue realisticly, which you can't, The jobs issue with China started in 2000 with Clinton and took about 7 years before the results where confirmed. What was Bush suppose to do??? :rolleyes: To put the China free trade bull **** on Bush's shoulders is comical.

Even Hillary has changed course from her Husband's ideas back in the 1990's. I personally believe Bill Clinton's actions where intentional knowing damn well what free trade with China and every other country out there would do to our own citizens. More of his "one world" ideology.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
That’s so Week and Insincere … any original thoughts come with those Fries? :D
Oh no. It's totally sincere.
You haven't posted a single original thought of your own since you joined here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes some valid points But,

Corporations returning to the USA

Deserve our support

Who knows Wham-O may be the beginning of a new trend

and the Rebuilding of the infastructure of our country

And It's Manufacturing industries.

When you put Americans Minds to work, Much ingenuity and technology is surely on it's way

The World will take notice :nuts:

And begin buying our products once again

This is how you build an economy :nuts:

Bon

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
How many by "O"???

Seems you think anything prior to 2009 is Bush's fault. :crazy:
If you look at the issue realisticly, which you can't, The jobs issue with China started in 2000 with Clinton and took about 7 years before the results where confirmed. What was Bush suppose to do??? :rolleyes: To put the China free trade bull **** on Bush's shoulders is comical.

Even Hillary has changed course from her Husband's ideas back in the 1990's. I personally believe Bill Clinton's actions where intentional knowing damn well what free trade with China and every other country out there would do to our own citizens. More of his "one world" ideology.

:surprised Wait … hold on … are you saying Presidential decisions made more than two years ago, may actually negatively manifest itself say … 20 to 24 months later?

No …………. say it ain’t so …. ! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Oh no. It's totally sincere.
You haven't posted a single original thought of your own since you joined here. :rolleyes:
Is this a point system? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts