Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good cheap HP increase, to install 1.6 ratio roller rockers on a comparatively stock '84?
Well do have some mod's. But?
thanks
tony

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It can't hurt. You may need guide plates for the push rods, and you have to be careful about pushrod length so the roller tip is not off center loading the valve stem.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
oldace84 said:
So I have to remove the heads?
Right?
tony
If you need guide plates, then yes, the heads must come off to do the drilling and tapping.

Also, some heads need the inside wall of the pushrod through hole enlarged because the 1.6 ratio tips the rod closer toward the valve.

GM sells self guided rollers. I don't know the price. Pushrod length will still be a question to investigate.

·
Registered
0 Posts
oldace84 said:
Is it a good cheap HP increase, to install 1.6 ratio roller rockers on a comparatively stock '84?
Well do have some mod's. But?
thanks
tony
I installed 1.6's on my origional crossfire engine & the heads did not have to come off. I didnt need new guide plates either?:huh: I am gonna be installing 1.6's on my new engine soon & I am not gonna remove the heads. I will have a set of Harland Sharp rollers 1.5 for sale (Tony they will not fit on your car without removing the heads cause they are 7/16" stud type). If anyone can use the 1.5's with maybe 5000 miles on them I will take $100.00 including shipping!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric,

Thanks for the info. Was getting ready to give up.
tony

I respect your knowledge, and have always liked your help.
tony

Just to spite the guys you know where, I'd go back.
Piss them off.
tony

·
Registered
0 Posts
oldace84 said:
Eric,

Thanks for the info. Was getting ready to give up.
tony

I respect your knowledge, and have always liked your help.
tony

Just to spite the guys you know where, I'd go back.
Piss them off.
tony
Thanks Tony.:cheers: I may go back some day (no time soon) but not to spite anyone...just to hang with all the good friends I met there.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Re: Re: What about installing 1.6's on '84

84 GRANDSPORT said:
I installed 1.6's on my origional crossfire engine & the heads did not have to come off. I didnt need new guide plates either?:huh:
You either had guide plates, or the 1.6's you installed were self guiding. Without one or the other the rollers won't stay in place on the valve tip.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What about installing 1.6's on '84

AlwaysWave said:
You either had guide plates, or the 1.6's you installed were self guiding. Without one or the other the rollers won't stay in place on the valve tip.
Self guiding!:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts