Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They burned up my tail pipes (Bullet cat backs and they were louder than I wanted. They're replacing them at their expense so I want to go a little quieter. I can't even talk on the phone with those on there.
Would you folks give me some input on what would be between those loud bullets and the stock mufflers. This will be my last chance to get it right. I lucked out on this one.
I like those round beveled ends that stick out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would check out the Corsa Sports, they're supposed to be a little quieter than the Bullets, but not too quiet. If those are too loud, I would move down to the Corsa Touring catback. Still deeper than the stock exhaust, but nothing like the Bullets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
FWIW, I had the Corsa Indy cat back on my '98 coupe...they were quieter than my stock exhaust inside the cabin when just cruising, but had a nice roar only when stepping down hard on the gas.

Now I'm runnin' the Borla stinger 2 tip on my current ride...MUCH louder than the Corsa systems, but I like the sound. :D No stealth mode with the Borlas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have corsa touring...suits me just right.Not too loud but when you bring up the revs it's perfect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Borla Stingers with the trumpet outlets & love them, throaty under power, quiet while cruising.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice Car The Beast ;). I am looking into the BB Bullets or the SLP Loudmouths when i do a H/C and LT headers. I want my car so loud you can't hear yourself think inside :devil:. :cheers:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Borla Stingers with the trumpet outlets & love them, throaty under power, quiet while cruising.
:agree: Interior noise is bit quiter inside than bullets but loud as hell WOT.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The flowmasters are a little motorboaty. They sound kind of cheap to me, but that's all personal taste. The best way to find out what you like is to listen to some. If you have a 'vette club nearby, go to a meet. Otherwise, check out the video clips, there are tons of exhaust videos.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Corsa Pace Car Pro, sounds just right and no drone at cruising speed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went with the Corsa Touring exhaust having liked the sound clips on their site and statements that they were a bit less aggressive than the sports model. Well, I was pretty shocked to hear this exhaust scream. After 3000RMP it is borderline obnoxious but definitely bad ass sounding. It quickly grew on me and I'm glad I have them~

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice Car The Beast ;). I am looking into the BB Bullets or the SLP Loudmouths when i do a H/C and LT headers. I want my car so loud you can hear yourself think inside :devil:. :cheers:
Yea, mines a duplicate of yours :cheers:

B&B have three systems that I've found. The Bullets (what I bought) are the loudest, one step down from straight pipes. Just a tiny glass pack. Then the rout 66 and the PRT.
The PRT sounds like a good deal, they say it's a Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde. After so many RPMs it opens up with no muffler at all but until then it's suppose to be quite.
I haven't heard anyone say they have the PRTs. The Rout 66 is the touring version.
I'm liking the Corsa Pace Car Sport. I like the round ends with the bevel inside for looks, and not many brands have that.

I have a little time to look around, that's the last thing to go on after the fire damage is repaired. Still waiting on the muffler shop's insurance adjuster to look at it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They burned up my tail pipes (Bullet cat backs and they were louder than I wanted. They're replacing them at their expense so I want to go a little quieter. I can't even talk on the phone with those on there.
Would you folks give me some input on what would be between those loud bullets and the stock mufflers. This will be my last chance to get it right. I lucked out on this one.
I like those round beveled ends that stick out.
Corsa Sport or even quiter Corsa Touring. Check out their website!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The web site says:

Corsa C5 Corvette 97-04 Pace Car Exhaust w/Tiger Shark Tips. CORSA Pace Car Edition – A bolder and more aggressive sound than the Touring Edition, and is most evident during full throttle - but comfortable and quiet during cruising speeds with NO resonance.

I, like those tiger tips. The problem is that under the picture it says the actual product may differ from the picture.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, here it is.
I ordered the Corsa Pace Car Exhaust w/Tiger Shark Tips.
I don't want to be too quit, but those bullets and and stingers are just too much. I like to spend a few days running mountain roads with my wife in Ark. I picked up the cell phone when I was driving with those bullets and the person I was talking to couldn't hear me. He kept saying "it sounds like you are in a race car!".

Hell, I was!! :devil:

They're great for someone that doesn't do a lot of driving. I would think you could get a ticket running those things though.

Well, now it's time to play the waiting game, :rolleyes:
I'll report back when I get m on.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I have bullets and headers and it's simply the sickest and unholy exhaust sound imaginable.

Men weep, women wet their pants, children drop their ice cream cones.:devil:

·
Registered
939 Posts
:laughing: Well put, Patrick... well put

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any Corsa product you should be happy with, I am.
There is nothing like an exhaust with no Drone, specially
if you do alot of Hwy driving.
My Supercharged Grand Prix went thru 2 different exhaust
muffler types before settling on a custom modified version
with no Drone.
The dual Flowmasters or the Magnaflow's where just crazy in
the drone department even with a resonator.
The Corsa's will put a :D on your face.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flowmasters all the way - there is no resonance or drone with a over the axle system - just a great sound at idle and a nice aggressive exhaust note when you get on it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Zoomers????

Has anyone head these exhaust? They sound GREAT on their web site. I'm waiting for a response eMail for the price. They have a real great start and low RPM sound .IMOP.....:cheers:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts