Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There!

Went to look at a 1999 C5 today and while noticing some welding on the exhaust pipes at the rear of the car. While he was trying to explain the repairs to the pipes the prospective seller said that there were no differences between the 97 and 99 vettes. Is this true? If it is I might be saving more than a few bucks in buying a 1998 C5 rather than a 1999.

Whatever info someone has would be welcome.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello There!

Went to look at a 1999 C5 today and while noticing some welding on the exhaust pipes at the rear of the car. While he was trying to explain the repairs to the pipes the prospective seller said that there were no differences between the 97 and 99 vettes. Is this true? If it is I might be saving more than a few bucks in buying a 1998 C5 rather than a 1999.

Whatever info someone has would be welcome.

Thanks!!
As it has already be said. . . "there aren't too many differences between those modle years",

HUD ~ Execpt maybe the 97 & 98 didn't offer the HUD (Heads Up Display). I know the 99 models did becasue I own one.

Horsepower (hp) ~ Hp differences between the 97 thru 99 and the 2000 model year was slight . . . the 97-99 came with 345 hp and the 2000 model years came with 350 hp.

Wheels ~ I'm not sure about the standard wheels . . . . but I think the 2000 models had a different standard issue wheel than the 97 thru 99 with the so called "Wagon wheel" look. Other than that there just ain't that much else.

Oh, I believe the 2000 - 2001 I believe these model year Vettes had an engine oil ring problem as well . . . you maybe want to check that though.

Ciao,

·
Registered
414 Posts
The oil ring problem was with the z06 in the first year and not the C5 coupe. Correct me if my info is wrong.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The oil ring problem was with the z06 in the first year and not the C5 coupe. Correct me if my info is wrong.
You're correct about the Z06's having oil ring porblems, but some of the C5's had the same problems. At least two owners of C5's here where I am had to have the oil rings replaced. But hey, I'm not expert on the matter either. . . .

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
The '00 still only had 345hp.

Only :laughing:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
98 was the first year for the Roadster :lookinup:
The 97 thru 99 had what I call wagon wheels,I hated them:down: Just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts