Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is currently at Corvettes of Westchester. It has been there now for 3 weeks. When I left it there it was going to get a tune, an alignment, and check a minor leak in the rear diff. I now have bought some shocks because one of mine was destroyed. No problem not his fault. I now have a transmission that will not go into reverse. They had the car a week and a half before that came up. He thought it was the reverse solenoid, but it is not that. Now he is telling me the pin for the fork might have sheared. When I left the car there it worked (heck I never even had a gear grind), and now I am not sure what to do. I just want to hear what other peoples experiences are with the guy. I am dying because I can't even check on my car, or see what he is doing, or if he is doing it. I don't know him from Adam and am wondering if he is a trust worthy, honorable guy, or should I get my car out of there ASAP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! That does not look good. Does he really have that bad a reputation? How does he stay open? I know Cam has had a bad experience but have other had the same?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Do you trust him? If not, get your car out of there.

You said the trans issue happened a week and a half ago, why is the car still there? Are you having him fix that?

My mechanic can order a new transmission on a Monday, and have it arrive in a few days and installed by end of day Wednesday. :huh:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
If you are coming onto DC to ask about the person who has your car its time to get your car out, fast.

When things do not add up, there is probably a reason for that.

Search this forum for multiple people who has had problems with the same shop your car is at.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Also Patrick makes a great point, my car is getting a new clutch, master, slave, remote bleed, transmission, motor mounts and this will be done on Friday (dropped off on Monday). They are taking too long...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sorry you had to find out this way - but this guy has grenaded quite a few engines especially with his way too lean tunes. I've had personal experience with him also and I got my car outta there ASAP........my advice to you - GET YOUR CAR OUTTA THERE NOW!

You're in PA so you're close enough to several other proven reputable shops - might wanna get your car on a flatbed and over to one of them.

Talk to ECS, Vette Doctors here on Long Island, DEVETTE here on the forum.......

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sorry you had to find out this way - but this guy has grenaded quite a few engines especially with his way too lean tunes. I've had personal experience with him also and I got my car outta there ASAP........my advice to you - GET YOUR CAR OUTTA THERE NOW!
I believe he also locks your computer :down:

It's what I have read...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Did you know what the mileage was on your car when you dropped it off?
They must be driving it for the trans to go bad.
The longer you leave your car there I worse it will get, there's plenty proof of that.
Get it out of there asap, get a quote for the repairs and go to small claims court.
COW is a hack and these type of stories are popping up on the correct forums now, because CF deletes any wrong doings by COW.

Corvette Forum is where you first discovered COW right? :down:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I believe he also locks your computer :down:

It's what I have read...
Yes he does.......regardless of what he tells you - that computer leaves his shop LOCKED. Barry had to pull mine and his and take an entire day off work to drive up there to make him unlock them so VDP could do what they needed to do. But he doesn't just unlock them and send you on your way........he flashes them back to stock so no one can see the mess he makes.

Our only other alternative that day was to purchase two new PCM's......I thought Barry was going to lose his friggin mind he was sooo pissed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The longer you leave your car there I worse it will get, there's plenty proof of that.
Get it out of there asap, get a quote for the repairs and go to small claims court.
COW is a hack and these type of stories are popping up on the correct forums now, because CF deletes any wrong doings by COW.

3 years ago when I mistakenly went to him (whole story is in another thread on DC), he charged me $600 for a street tune and man let me tell you, he beat the piss out of the car. I was sitting in the seat next to him gringing...... For your tranny to be F'd now doesn't surprise me in the least :smack

PeteW

What are the feelings of COW and Chuck there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My car is currently at Corvettes of Westchester. It has been there now for 3 weeks. When I left it there it was going to get a tune, an alignment, and check a minor leak in the rear diff. I now have bought some shocks because one of mine was destroyed. No problem not his fault. I now have a transmission that will not go into reverse. They had the car a week and a half before that came up. He thought it was the reverse solenoid, but it is not that. Now he is telling me the pin for the fork might have sheared. When I left the car there it worked (heck I never even had a gear grind), and now I am not sure what to do. I just want to hear what other peoples experiences are with the guy. I am dying because I can't even check on my car, or see what he is doing, or if he is doing it. I don't know him from Adam and am wondering if he is a trust worthy, honorable guy, or should I get my car out of there ASAP.
My tune was locked and I finally after several serious confriontations managed to get 1/2 my money back and he pulled his file (wonder why :surprised) and down loaded my original file I came in with.

Good luck, get your car back ASAP....while it still runs

Ed M

·
Registered
47 Posts
You make an excellent point, Quite possibly he took someone for a ride in the car to demenstrate his tunning talents and ****ed it up... I went there once and he took me for a ride in a customers car that he had put 390 gears in ( a-4 c-6) that he was trying to sell me.. Long story short he beat the **** out of this guys car to try and prove what a sotp improvement I would see with those gears... His story smelled like bullshit and I wound up going to the vette doctors

·
Registered
389 Posts
You're in PA so you're close enough to several other proven reputable shops - might wanna get your car on a flatbed and over to one of them.
:agree: I didn't hear anything negative about CoW until recently but I see no need to take the car that far for work when there are lots of other great shops around here Pete.
Give me a call if you need a hand with anything.

Steve

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
this thread reminds me of the time i got my car back after chuck the hack tuned my car... the rear brakes were destroyed.. i got on the brakes and hear this grinding noise and was like what the **** is that.. i forget what happened but the next weekend i was installing new REAR brake pads and rotors... who knows what that idiot did with my car... 2 weeks after I got his junk tune a valve spring went.. "7500rpms? is that safe? uhmm.. yeah sure.. i drive my car hard.. you want it lower?" really? ive gotta tell YOU what to set the rev limiter at?

hack..

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... I don't know him from Adam and am wondering if he is a trust worthy, honorable guy, or should I get my car out of there ASAP.
Well I can at least vouch for Adam! :laughing:

Due to CF censoring it's users :down:
Yep! :thumbsup:

this thread reminds me of the time i got my car back after chuck the hack tuned my car... the rear brakes were destroyed.. i got on the brakes and hear this grinding noise and was like what the **** is that..
That's was YOUR car that he took AeroJim for a ride in... :lookinup:

So OP, have you picked up you car yet? I hope you wrote down the mileage before you dropped it off. I bet that will tell you what happened to the tranny...

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Get it out of there ASAP, he is a hack and a lier. This is my story read it.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138632

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
this thread reminds me of the time i got my car back after chuck the hack tuned my car... the rear brakes were destroyed.. i got on the brakes and hear this grinding noise and was like what the **** is that.. i forget what happened but the next weekend i was installing new REAR brake pads and rotors... who knows what that idiot did with my car... 2 weeks after I got his junk tune a valve spring went.. "7500rpms? is that safe? uhmm.. yeah sure.. i drive my car hard.. you want it lower?" really? ive gotta tell YOU what to set the rev limiter at?

hack..
The idiot took me in a customer's 08 z-06 with 4.10 gears, he beat the crap out it, a few days later he cracked the rear casing and was stuck on the side of the highway :WTF :WTF :WTF

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to call him tomorrow morning and tell him I am going to pick up the car on Monday. I am going to have to get a uhaul trailer and trailer it home.

Unfortunately I did not write down the miles on the car. I am sure this a**hole did it, but proving it, and getting him to pay will be difficult at best. At this point, I am chalking it up to a big mistake. I will take it to some one near by that I can pop in and see what is going on. I hope this F'er gets his!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am going to call him tomorrow morning and tell him I am going to pick up the car on Monday. I am going to have to get a uhaul trailer and trailer it home.

Unfortunately I did not write down the miles on the car. I am sure this a**hole did it, but proving it, and getting him to pay will be difficult at best. At this point, I am chalking it up to a big mistake. I will take it to some one near by that I can pop in and see what is going on. I hope this F'er gets his!
Thankfully we have saved another from the grips of the Evil COW.......:cheers:
Ed M

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.