Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pulled out the stock Delco/Bose HU out of my 2004 C5. There was the standard GM Harness (has the power and speaker wires). But there was two additional smaller harnesses plugged in. What were these for. My only guess is they are the wires for the optional 10 disk CD changer that goes in the trunk, that I do not have. Am I right or are these for something else?

:WTF

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bose Subs

I replaced the head unit with a pioneer 9800BT, however the subs did not work. So I got the SVEN2 and the Harness that goes with it from Peripheral and hooked it up and still no subs. Man this is frustrating. Looked for the Soundgate harness but it seems to be Out of Stock everywhere. Any advice at getting these subs to work? BTW the harness did have a plug into the 9 pin which goes along with the harness being part of the sub wiring. you were right on!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UPDATED AFTER SPEAKING WITH Peripheral Tech...7/25/07
they indicated the problem was that the Bose Amps were not getting power. they indicated that the Pink wire in the 9 pin harness is the power for the Amps. They indicated that I need to crimp the pink wire to the power antenna wire or even directly from a fuse and then the Subs should work.

\
I must be doing somthing wrong on the hookup. From the Radio to the SVEN2 Input four wires (Front Right+, FL+, FR- and FL-) all to cooresponding wires into the SVEN2. Output of SVEN2 to plug on wire harness that is part of the GM4 Harness. Set the switches to Wired on the input and RCA on the output. But when that did not work I tried every variation. All I ever got was the 3 1/2 speakers with a very low volume. I tried to connect the front speakers directly from the head unit and use the RCA jacks as input from the RCA sub output from my radio but that did not work either.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I replaced the head unit with a pioneer 9800BT, however the subs did not work. So I got the SVEN2 and the Harness that goes with it from Peripheral and hooked it up and still no subs. Man this is frustrating. Looked for the Soundgate harness but it seems to be Out of Stock everywhere. Any advice at getting these subs to work? BTW the harness did have a plug into the 9 pin which goes along with the harness being part of the sub wiring. you were right on!
Good luck. I'm interested in your resolution because I have been eyeing the same unit from Pioneer for my 2004 verte. I hope all the bells and whistles; i.e. bluetooth pairing, IPOD user interface, etc. works as well as described.

BTW - where do you plan to house your IPOD? I was thinking about running the adopter underneath the console into the center armrest. It's not like you can do too much more in that space anyway. Seems like a perfect place for an IPOD. Maybe fit a pack of gum afterwards. :laughing:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iPod Wire location

The arm rest compartment is wear I ran the iPod wire. It makes for an easy installation since there is room to place the Pioneer ipod box behind the ashtray under the radio. If you pop out the aux power socket that is in the arm rest makes it easy to get the wire in. I really like this head unit. I will like evenb better when I get the subs to work and I ordered some Pioneer 4 way 6 1/2 to replace the speaker in the back. I will post some pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The arm rest compartment is wear I ran the iPod wire. It makes for an easy installation since there is room to place the Pioneer ipod box behind the ashtray under the radio. If you pop out the aux power socket that is in the arm rest makes it easy to get the wire in. I really like this head unit. I will like evenb better when I get the subs to work and I ordered some Pioneer 4 way 6 1/2 to replace the speaker in the back. I will post some pictures this weekend.
How does the head unit look installed? I know the stock radio/CD player is larger than the Pioneer so what kind of frame did you use?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pioneer installe Pic

I posted a picture in my gallary. Can't seem to get pics posted in these forums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts