Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I'm shopping around for a new auto insurance co. because of a post I saw from NCM regarding their agreed upon value insurance (yes even for newer cars, I thought they only did collector cars). So I called them and unfortunately I got the same response from them that I got from Hagerty and Grundy. Because I do not have an enclosed garage, or live in a gated community I do not qualify. I do have a carport but it would have to be enclosed on 3 sides for NCM (underwritten by American Modern Insurance in case you were curious), and its not enclosed at all. That leaves me with shopping around to the other big guys (you know Geico and the like).

Currently I'm with Erie Insurance and although my rates aren't terrible I think I might be able to do better (maybe not who knows). I'm 38, have a completely clean driving record and I have 2 other cars and my house insured with Erie so I get some discounts. I'm paying $700/year on the Z and that is full coverage. What it is not is stated value or agreed upon value which is what I was hoping for. The car easily has 10k worth of extras on it so if it were totalled or stolen I know I would get CONSIDERABLY less than its worth not counting the extra goodies.

So who are you guys using and what are you paying if you don't mind my asking. Also if you could share any other details that may be affecting your price that would be helpful.

Thanks.

pluslt

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Alot of Insurance company's just give you replacement Value

Nothing for Mods

Comp Collision 100/300 is about $700 a year with AAA here in So. California

·
Registered
16 Posts
'02 Z06, retired with good driving and every other discount offered by Farmers Insurance, based on 8,500 miles per year, $1,100 per year ($500K bodily injury, $100K property damage, $100K uninsured motorist, $250 comp deductible, $750 collision deductible). Probably higher premium than average based on the benefit of living in Southern California with the high number of vehicles on the road. I too do not have an enclosed garage, but that doesn't affect my insurance rate with Farmers.

Rod

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Sorry, i really have no clue, we have alot of cars on our policy, all have max protection, my vette and a bunch of bimmers, twin turbos etc.We use progressive.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
State Farm. I was with Farmers, until I found out that I could get twice the amount of coverage with SF. 0 deductable, if I take out a 100k Mercedes, I'm covered. 90 bucks a month on a 7500 miles a year policy. The extra perks is really what sold me. If I'm taken to court over an accident, they send a lawyer in my place, as long as I'm not summoned. The best body shop in town is on their preferred repair station list, All mods are covered, as long as you have the receipt. Haven't had a moving violation in over 10years, and I'm 48. Good luck in your search:cheers:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks. Doesn't appear that what I'm paying is out of line. I still plan to investigate some other options. I'll post back if I find anything better.

Regards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been with State Farm for over 25 years. Have two vettes, 79 and 04, my total for 10 months just under $900.

100/300 for bodily injury
50 for property
100/300 for uninsured
PIP
250 deductible

But I also have the house issured and 3 other cars.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
2001 C5 Coupe - Only car.

Farmers Ins.

500 ded collision
200 ded comp
highest liability limits
$10,000 add-on policy for mods (mostly in case they try to "total" the car). So right now that would give me an extra $10,000 if they decided to total the car which they can easily do with just some paint damage!
Rental Car add-on

$900/year

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm with geico for 25 years (3 other cars with them), 52 years old, 2010 GS, maryland:

bodily injury - 50K/100K
property damage - 50k
comprehensive ded - $250
collision ded - $500

6 month = $234, listed as a pleasure vehicle (not driven to work or school on a daily basis, 5000 miles/yr)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I pay 390 a year for my 04 Z, full coverage, 250/500k coverages. I pay 685 a year for my 10 ZR1 with the same coverages. I am 39, Erie is my insurance company for 16 years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For my 2010 GS and my 03 ragtop daily driver, plus my 09 toyota 4wd, I pay 1300 for full coverage on all of them from Home insurance group thru travelers.

I do have my house covered with them also.

·
Registered
691 Posts
State Farm ~ 2007 Z51, full coverage, $500 deductable @ $89.00 / month. I was also 25 when I bought the car (new) and had just totalled a $10K motorcycle 1 year before. I do have a multi-car discount though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts