Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Where's the "I don't have a friggin clue" answer?:laughing:

You could give Tom's a call and find out which clutch packs he uses?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where's the "I don't have a friggin clue" answer?:laughing:

You could give Tom's a call and find out which clutch packs he uses?
Yeah I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I'm almost ready to just put an open dif in.

And my dad doesn't agree to buying a differential that I found that was already done.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I'm almost ready to just put an open dif in.

And my dad doesn't agree to buying a differential that I found that was already done.

:agree: With your Dad. Don't buy the "bargain" diff.
Wait, save up a few bucks until you can get a quality built diff.

I got a bargain on a "rebuilt" POS from someone, wasn't no bargain in the long run.... here's how it played out.....

Take old blown diff. out, put bargain diff. in, drive for 2 months with clutches hammering and rear wheels jumping in the turns. Tried changing diff. fluid, adding additive 2X's, change diff. fluid again, same results. Finally, rebuilt my original rear, new gear ratio, all new parts, pull "bargain" diff., install properly rebuilt diff., rear behaves like it should. Now 'Vette owner happy, but learned a hard and expensive lesson.

Get the best you can afford, don't cheap out, unless you like doing it more than once, and paying for it more than once.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:agree: With your Dad. Don't buy the "bargain" diff.
Wait, save up a few bucks until you can get a quality built diff.

I got a bargain on a "rebuilt" POS from someone, wasn't no bargain in the long run.... here's how it played out.....

Take old blown diff. out, put bargain diff. in, drive for 2 months with clutches hammering and rear wheels jumping in the turns. Tried changing diff. fluid, adding additive 2X's, change diff. fluid again, same results. Finally, rebuilt my original rear, new gear ratio, all new parts, pull "bargain" diff., install properly rebuilt diff., rear behaves like it should. Now 'Vette owner happy, but learned a hard and expensive lesson.

Get the best you can afford, don't cheap out, unless you like doing it more than once, and paying for it more than once.
He doesn't agree on buying a complete differential from someone else on this forum.

Hes fine with the new eaton junk and thought the auburn with its .25" end play was fine. He is kind of bubba but he didn't think the half shafts were part of the suspension either.

·
Registered
959 Posts
He doesn't agree on buying a complete differential from someone else on this forum. . He is kind of bubba .

yea but...he`s the bubba with the checkbook....not to mention the provider of the roof over your head, the clothes on your back and the food that fills your belly on a daily basis...oh yea...he`s also the bubba that provided you with that yellow Corvette you can`t leave well enough alone with.....I think your what`s known as an ungrateful spoiled brat....Me, I would let you ride your bicycle to school or better yet ride that other yellow vehicle that might stop in your neighborhood.....the school bus!!
redvetracr

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but...he`s the bubba with the checkbook....not to mention the provider of the roof over your head, the clothes on your back and the food that fills your belly on a daily basis That he is...oh yea...he`s also the bubba that provided you with that yellow Corvette you can`t leave well enough alone with it's not mine nor do I ever drive it on the street,.....I think your what`s known as an ungrateful spoiled brat....Me, I would let you ride your bicycle to school or better yet ride that other yellow vehicle that might stop in your neighborhood.....the school bus!!I did ride the school bus until this year. Now I drive an older truck
redvetracr
.... :thumbsup:

And he hasn't paid for anything on the yellow car in a year or two.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What Redvetracr was trying to say by going the long way around the barn is that it was disrespectful to call your own father a Bubba. Which is wrong on many levels whether you feel that way or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts