Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on installing a Bassani X-Pipe, TPIS long tube headers, high-flow power air duct, MSD plug wires, tinting the windows and installing Baer cross-drilled rotors and maybe chrome Z06 rims.

Was told that I need more miles on the Z06 (4k now) before I can think of adding a supercharger. How true is this? Maybe next summer.

Will be pretty busy in the spring. So when is spring?:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
not much. Planning on straightening out my idle problem Other than that LT1 Edit and maybe doing rockers. That will most likely be the extent of it.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Those are great plans! But with 4k miles, that car has to be broken in by now... i have not heard that you should avoid supercharging with those miles... what does LPE have to say?

As for me, I'm doing a nitrous setup with a 100 shot. That'll get me about 420rwhp, and 435 rwtq ...

I am doing this as an interim step until i decide my "overall" plan for the GS. I think I will go the "snowman" route and build a car suitable for a 4 hour road race, or a weekend at the drags.

But I will not run NOS during the corvette challenge. i would rather be as consistant as possible and run n/a....

What's everyone else doing?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
vettn94 said:
not much. Planning on straightening out my idle problem Other than that LT1 Edit and maybe doing rockers. That will most likely be the extent of it.
Idle problem? What could be causing that?

·
Registered
135 Posts
no idea. It started soon after the converter went in
which is what I first thought might be causing the problem.
Wierd thing was the car drove fine until I was at the track.
It only has a problem with the trans in gear. Idles fine in P.
When we installed the converter at Pete's the car was on the lift and the trans was out, I don't remember how but I noticed the #8 plug was loose. I just put in new NGK plugs not long before then when I put the headers in. I wondering if that plug is loose again or maybe something else is going on.
I switched from AC Delcos to NGK because was when I pulled the Delcos that were put in the year before, the pucks were missing on most of them. They maybe had 2,000 miles on them. NGK's were cheap. I learned my lesson, atleast for a short while, with spark plugs once before. Jeff knows the story.
The car has been parked in the garage since I got back from the track on Sept 15. I didn't have time in the following weeks to mess with it and then it just got too cold out.
As soon as the weather warms up I'm going to check out the plugs and try adjusting the idle screw to see if that does the trick. Otherwise I'll go from there.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does LPE have to say?
Still need to call them but I'll wait to spring to do that. Really doubt that even if LPE told me no problem that I would do it this summer/fall.

I thought of having LPE install the TT 427 package but when I tell the wife the cost she freaked. Now I'm thinking of waiting until the C6 comes out before I put any major $$$$ into the Z06.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
My spring plans:

install:
Aluminum FLywheel and new clutch
all U-joints
Hurst shifter
and A cam.

The Cam was/is goign to be a ZZ409, but I think USPS Lost it. I have talked with the guy who shipped it and will send me a check on Wednesday if I don't get it by then. So I may be up in the air for a cam..

Also on the to do list:
Move the 5.25" speakers from the doors to the floor like the 1991-later vettes and install a set of 1996 door panels

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I'm getting the front poly bushings installed along with a drive shaft loop. The engine just needs a tuning and I need to get an alignment when the bushings are done. Funds are getting low so it looks like I might have to spring for a helmet before I can go with a higher stall convertor. I just hope I don't kill the stocker when I'm way out in Rockford!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
War machine said:
I'm getting the front poly bushings installed along with a drive shaft loop. The engine just needs a tuning and I need to get an alignment when the bushings are done. Funds are getting low so it looks like I might have to spring for a helmet before I can go with a higher stall convertor. I just hope I don't kill the stocker when I'm way out in Rockford!
Yea, every race we should put $5 into an envelope. Whoever breaks, that'll pay for their flatbed home.

Any leftover money rolls over to the next week....

B

·
0 Posts
#1. Fix the damn gouge in the front bumper cover that I incurred in the fall.
#2. Black out every visible light

#3. Refinish my wheels in the GS style

#4. Either Varraram or Blackwing intake (havent decided yet)

Thats all Im going to do to her this year. I am planning on dumping some $$ into my bike this year since she took a back seat to the Blue Beast last year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
5 point roll bar, belts and jacket to run 11's

LS6 ported manifold to make up for the additional weight of the bar to stay in the 11's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts