Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am disgusted at GM for giving the Camaro my LS3 engine and other companies souping it up to 1,200 Hp. I don't care to be the fastest on the road but I wanna Keep the Corvette where is belongs. My vette is a 2009 Vette stock ( please no ram air inductions ideas I already blew a motor with the Vararam! ) I was looking at the billy boats exhaust since I would like the silent exhaust when out on a date, but I don't want some puck kid with a 30k$ Camaro smoking me. I don't race much I just don't like the fact that Chevy put a LS3 in a Camaro after I spent 60k on my car. I love my car but id like some performance upgrades I can do wihout killing my warranty. even if they are hard to prove they are the route of the problem.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Realize that your corvette is lighter and more aerodynamic than the new camaros, so you will still beat a camaro stock vs stock...

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The LS3 is used in several GM vehicles. Stock to Stock you have a slight edge over a Camaro with the same power. Your motor is rated slightly higher in HP and your car weighs less.

If your stock and Camaro is not stock, all bets are off.

There are not any performance mods I know of that will be significant that you can be assured all dealers will honor your warranty. Exhaust alone will not add significant HP.

FYI GM performed warranty work on my starter and alternator after I upgraded to my LPE 403.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I understand your fustration. This is the first time they put a Corvette motor in a Camaro. Next thing you know they are going to put a LS motor in a Trailblazer. Those Bastards.

Jr.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow

I cant belive any one remebered me any more. I have been to embarreseed to come here for all the crap I got with that ram exhuast that hydrolocked my engine at 2K miles.

Any ways I switched to michelon ps2 tires and tire rack has a good deal the. Stock tires were making me drive at 40mph during heavy rain. Im i texas its rare but happens. It would be cool to catch up with you, and let me know what you have done with your vette. And to all that saw my post a year or so ago I hydrolocked my 2009 vette using the snake charmer in a inch puddle. Its still my only car but please keep the negative critism to yourself on that. It was costly mistake and well any vette owner should know what that would feel like.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
What can I do to make my vette disgace a camaro with out voiding warrenty ?
If it's against a bone stock Camaro SS then all you have to do is drive it well. :)
And if one is really that bad of a driver that they can't beat a stock 2010 Camaro with a stock LS3 Corvette then all of the extra power on the planet might not help them either LOL. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
I understand your fustration. This is the first time they put a Corvette motor in a Camaro. Next thing you know they are going to put a LS motor in a Trailblazer..
It's not the first time a Corvette engine has been used in other cars, the caprice is one example of such a transfusion.

Who cares? the Corvette looks sick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hope he's using the backseat to keep his kiddie seat in and he's got a trunk full of diaper bags, formula, and other baby crap, thus adding more weight,:rolling:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have a slightly different opinion. I think it was a mistake for GM to down-power the camaro.

Each division should attempt to squeeze more out of its design thus pushing the state of the art from within. If the camaro at 3860 lbs can beat a vette at 3100 lbs then the vette engineers need to be fired.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I'm glad GM shares its corvette powertrain with other models...

Keeps the corvette price competitive and its good for GM's other products calling for v8's..

next years Camaro Z28 LSA 556hp V8 from the CTS V might give some concern...but for me...I just like to see GM divisions sell all the product they produce..

I wish the LSA motor was available in a Corvette Grand Sport..

that would be a fun car with 556hp...and a removable top..

Either way....the camaro will also need a competitive engine for the upcoming Boss 302....and maybe a little weight savings package...to stay competitive...for model year 2012...

Of course that will be the Z28 release date and with 556hp...the camaro faithful should be happy..

http://www.camaroz28.com/ podcast would welcome your comments ...

GIve them a call and see how they respond..

good guys that might surprise you...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Air in / Air out

You need a Cold air intake, Full Catback Exhaust, Headers, and a tune

Also you can remove weight, And have 410 or 390 gears installed :devil:

Also you could have your stock heads ported and add in alittle more cam to the mix

If it's done in a sneaky enough way you can go by
undetected

Bon

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I understand your fustration. This is the first time they put a Corvette motor in a Camaro. Next thing you know they are going to put a LS motor in a Trailblazer. Those Bastards.

Jr.
The LS1 went into the SS and Z28 of the last generation of Camaro's before the new ones came out.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Losing to a camaro(probably wont happen.)would not be as bad as losing to a new 5.0.They seem to be a bigger threat this year.
At least the chevy's share the same heart.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

Jr.
Note: 2006-2009 Trailblazer SS has LS2 400hp with the Corvette 4 speed trans. Mine also is AWD If it makes you sleep better its limited by computer to 135mph but IT will beat Fluffy's Corvette (in the snow) :D

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
The LS1 went into the SS and Z28 of the last generation of Camaro's before the new ones came out.
I know that, I was just being an ass. The last year for the LT1 was 97 for the Camaro. Then it went to a LS1. I had an 05 CTS-V that had the LS6. Then in 07 the V went to an LS2. Also the Trailblazer SS with the LS2 is very nice.:thumbsup: I do like the SRT 8 Jeep Cherokee.:D

Jr.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts