Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is preferable for a C3 350, Holly 650 double pumper or Edelbrock
Performance. !

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
IMO, do DPFI and never look back....but if you must....

get an Edelbrock version....or maybe a Carter version of the Carter AFB 4bbl and find it's about the best 4bbl out there, ever....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ty

Will check that 1 out.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
IMO, do DPFI and never look back....but if you must....

get an Edelbrock version....or maybe a Carter version of the Carter AFB 4bbl and find it's about the best 4bbl out there, ever....
It'd take him robbing the bank of England to get enough parts over there to do DPFI-

The edelbrock is good (I have a pair of them and the manifold for my BB) but I also have a Demon, AND a Holley that's on the car now. The edlebrock carbs were patterned after the carter. IMHO the Holley and the demon have more parts easily available to fine tune.

Nothing at all wrong with a Q-jet either- it just takes lots of time to get it j-u-s-t right.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Tim, allmost 20 years ago, after being outta cars/hotrodding for about 12? years I found the Q's were hard to work on , and parts to actually fix problems were allmost unavailable....gave it up and went DPFI....this on a Pontiac 462 engine.... the Qjet was sent off and used on another car, and so Brad Urban of the original Ontario (Cal) Carb Shop did the work....

it did run like a raped ape after that....but not untill then....

if OP wants information of what Brad told me, fine, but it's lotsa typing...

I even had a Carter AVS and strip kit still hanging around...literally on the shop wall.....been there 10 years now....have to chase the mud daubbers outta it, but it bet it's fine....

:WTF :WTF :devil: :crazy: :rolling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts