Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I got a 1973 vette :)

NO its not in perfect condition, infact, im rather debating on if i will keep it or part it out :( (i still have to finish my 79 ls1 lol)

not the best condition but it came with a title and everything :D

wife's trying to pressure me into swapping everything from the 79 into this one and let HER keep it :smack

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
I got to see my 95 YO mother enjoy another Xmas with her family, my son continue in school, my business stay in the USA, my nephew welcome his son into the world, smiles of the faces of loved one,even though 2010 was NOT good for most of them.

No offense but I think I got a better present.:thumbsup:

Merry Xmas.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very true, I'm thankful for having work as well and a son of my own :) he's the cutest little thing (especially in the mornings when he's all bubbly lol) even though he leaves me no time for the '79 lol

i agree, 2010 was NOT an easy year and i hope everyone's doing well

·
Registered
552 Posts
Too rough to save is the perfect starting point for a cage, flares, and a whole lot of race car DNA. I've always wanted a full-on gutted race car with lights and wipers and plates. Would probably whack that 73 front end off for something with fixed headlights down in the grillework.

So here's the million dollar question. Does your wife like 73s better than 79s or does she like gold better than red? We are at a point where hoarding any chrome bumper vette might be a good idea for a long term car guy.

Good luck with the project and merry christmas everyone!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just wondering, but what did you hook the chain up to on the rear of the vette? I am picking up a new one on Monday and hope to get it back from Georgia in one piece. Where the best place to attach a chain?

·
Registered
114 Posts
This Christmas I got myself a set of OEM aluminum rims to put in place of the steel ones on my 72 and DB is putting together my hydroboost right now.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too rough to save is the perfect starting point for a cage, flares, and a whole lot of race car DNA. I've always wanted a full-on gutted race car with lights and wipers and plates. Would probably whack that 73 front end off for something with fixed headlights down in the grillework.

So here's the million dollar question. Does your wife like 73s better than 79s or does she like gold better than red? We are at a point where hoarding any chrome bumper vette might be a good idea for a long term car guy.

Good luck with the project and merry christmas everyone!
IF youve got money for it :)

yes the wife LOVES chrome bumper vettes :) color isnt too big a deal (i can re paint it pretty easily, brother in law owns a body shop ;) that specializes in painting)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Keep it, because in the not to far future you'll be able to hear the words, "dad can we go out and work on the vette together?"

·
Registered
552 Posts
IF youve got money for it :)

Ya, I know. Part of the dream is the utter simplicity of it all, I look at the IMCA dirt cars I've been involved with and imagine the same basic stock car hardware & formula applied to a body like that 73. You could part it out quite a ways further, lay about 8g worth of generic stock car stuff in there and end up with a huge amount of awesomeness per dollar. :partyon: Sorry to sidetrack, I just love talking about this fictional car. Happy holidays!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Wait what happened did I doze off and miss Christmass... I have not got any thing yet...:huh:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
This year I didn't get any car stuff for Christmas. My gifts were clothes, Bailey's liquor, Beethoven's all nine symphonies, and a dust cover with tri-mount scope rails for my AK-47. Merry Christmas to all:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
My wonderful wife of 34 years certainly surprised me with her gift this year . . .

A four-day VIP package to the 2011 Indianapolis 500 including great seats on Turn 1, pit pass, parade tickets, Indy 500 Hall of Fame Museum tickets, and much, much more.

Love ya, babe. If you see a Monterey Red '07 convertible with New York plates headed West in late May, that'll be us. Vrrrrrrroooooooooom!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Kids pitched in and bought me a heater to heat my 1200 sf shop
so when i'am working on my vette I will not freeze my a-- off. :lookinup: Many thanks to God for my family and friends Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
A DeVilbiss DAGAR airbrush.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts