Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get all the bolts off of the right side of my exhaust manifold and there is a mount for the air conditioning pump on the final bolt on the right side. i dont know what i should do with it :bang! should i just take the whole air conditioning compressor off the damn thing? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Is it possible to take the mount loose from the AC? Can you snap a quick pic? At worst if you need to remove the whole ac leave the lines hooked up and just move the whole unit to the side as far as the lines will let you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raidmagic said:
Is it possible to take the mount loose from the AC? Can you snap a quick pic? At worst if you need to remove the whole ac leave the lines hooked up and just move the whole unit to the side as far as the lines will let you.
its possible to take it off but the bolts are on there soooo tight that im putting my whole body into it and i dont want to snap the bolts off of it. maybe if i spray some wd40 on the thing maybe that will help but there is 4 bolts on the frame. im just having so much trouble with this side maybe the next side wont be as bad.

·
Registered
436 Posts
rydin dirty said:
but there is 4 bolts on the frame.
On car frame or compressor bracket????? the usual bolts that stick are the front header/bracket bolts (2). I hope you arn't wrenching on tack welded nuts that are on some brackets ( bolts compressor to bracket),,,,, take a close look, use a flashlite.
On those (tacked) you remove the bolt from front side, nut stays in place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, you must take off the AC compressor, but as stated earlier, don't disconnect the lines, just take a peice of wire and tie it out of the way. I have the same set up and did it in my driveway a couple of years ago. Just face the fact that you are going to need to take a bunch of stuff off (keeping notes as to the order you remove things will save much frustration later). My 16 year old son and I got the job done on a Saturday, so it really isn't that bad. After you get things out of the way, the job will be much easier. God bless, Sensei

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured out why i was having so much trouble with taking off the compressor. The guy who had the car before me put the longer screw that goes into the ac frame and then into the ac compressor and stripped the whole inside of the compressor of all of its threads. i cant put the screw back in now im going to have to tap it out myself or have someone else to it:bang . i was able to get the unit on good enough so the car will still be able to run. I started it after getting on the gaskets and it sounds awesome:thumbsup: !!! I couldn't believe how easy it was to start the car; the best part about it was the car was actually running strong and didn't die. That probably made my whole week right there and I will worry about the ac compressor for another day thank u guys sooo much for all of ur help, u guys kick ass:thumbsup: :cheers: !!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
raidmagic said:
Great job. We knew you could do it.:cheers: What's next? Let's yank the tranny out of that thing!:laughing:
yea right!! lol:rolling:

·
Registered
697 Posts
...yea.... and just wait until you go to put the ac comp back on..... get ready to srcatch your head in trying to remebmer how all the brackets go back on!!!!

I did the same thing over the winter and it was kinda a bee-auch to remember how it went back together. Draw a picture before you kill your brain cells this weekend with :cheers: ...:partyon:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ecordeddie said:
...yea.... and just wait until you go to put the ac comp back on..... get ready to srcatch your head in trying to remebmer how all the brackets go back on!!!!

I did the same thing over the winter and it was kinda a bee-auch to remember how it went back together. Draw a picture before you kill your brain cells this weekend with :cheers: ...:partyon:
lol u got a point it was kind of a bitch but i got it back on already. thanx alot bro i could have used that info when i was putting it back on if u know what i mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts