Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all love our Vettes alot but just like anything else there has to be something you Hate about your Vette?:huh: I hate that ever since I modded the car it is very finiky.....seems like it never broke before but now that its modded I break atleast once a year if not more!:( I still love my car though!:excited: :D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I hate that it's so hard to change the change the plugs/wires on an LT4! Damn, getting to the bottom of the opti is brutal.

I also hate the cowl shake, which is why I never take my targa off anymore.

And, that they painted the GS wheels and didn't powdercoat them, mine are flaking now.:(

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Maybe put a ram-jet on that bad boy.Get that drivability back.I respect your carb set-up,but it would be pretty exotic with a ram-jet,someone modded the front of them to fit under a stock C4 hood,sorry,no i can't remember who,:(
My only complaint is, it's not an LPE twin-turbo,and it's hard to keep clean. Gets a zaino,and orbital buff today,getting ready for tomorrows toys-for-tots parade.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hawaii-5-lo said:
Maybe put a ram-jet on that bad boy.Get that drivability back.I respect your carb set-up,but it would be pretty exotic with a ram-jet,someone modded the front of them to fit under a stock C4 hood,:
Never had an issue with the carb....Since the mods I am on my 3nd tranny & 2nd rear end.....Now I have an electrical issue....I cant blame the carb for those problems....I can say that my carb got me a 12.66 @ 113!:D

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Never had an issue with the carb....Since the mods I am on my 3nd tranny & 2nd rear end.....Now I have an electrical issue....I cant blame the carb for those problems....I can say that my carb got me a 12.66 @ 113!:D
i know you ran 12.66,the ram-jet would knock a couple more tenths off,i was planning that for my 89,but got the C5 instead,i was that close to doing it though,with some other mods too of coarse...Theres an old saying,if you haven't adjusted your carb this week,it probably needs adjusting.Even a clogged air-cleaner will affect the tune of a carb..
Did you upgrade your tranny.?Your probably putting down 425+ft lbs,that will get a stock tranny before to long.
Don't forget,i carbed my old cross-fire too,i just prefer fuel injection,and you prefer the c ca car carb,i can't even say that word...:laughing: :buhbye:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hawaii-5-lo said:
i know you ran 12.66,the ram-jet would knock a couple more tenths off,i was planning that for my 89,but got the C5 instead,i was that close to doing it though,with some other mods too of coarse...Theres an old saying,if you haven't adjusted your carb this week,it probably needs adjusting.Even a clogged air-cleaner will affect the tune of a carb..
Did you upgrade your tranny.?Your probably putting down 425+ft lbs,that will get a stock tranny before to long.
Don't forget,i carbed my old cross-fire too,i just prefer fuel injection,and you prefer the c ca car carb,i can't even say that word...:laughing: :buhbye:
I guess I am old school & you are new!:D :cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
sounds good on paper,but i'm 3 years older than you.:(

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hawaii-5-lo said:
sounds good on paper,but i'm 3 years older than you.:(
Your old!:rolling: Seriously though I just hate fuel injection.....I hate check engine lights & I hate all the sensors you need for fuel injection....Way more things can go wrong with FI....Most people that have a FI problem have to go to a mechanic to get it scanned...then spend $ on a cencor that is only gonna go bad again in the future....If I have a problem with my carb I can either rebuild or just get a new one!:D Old cars are easy to work on....New cars suck!! Old car----->:nuts: <----New car :D

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I'm bitting my tongue on the troubleshoot issue.
I never felt old until all the young guys were posting on the 'age' thread.I still think i'm 20 in my mind,may even act like it once in a while..:laughing:
damn,can't find my lighter...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hawaii-5-lo said:
I'm bitting my tongue on the troubleshoot issue.
I never felt old until all the young guys were posting on the 'age' thread.I still think i'm 20 in my mind,may even act like it once in a while..:laughing:
damn,can't find my lighter...
Puff Puff Give!:smokin:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Java and Ganga,the hawaiian breakfast...Then zaino and cruising,took the weekend off from work,and the flippin rain better stop soon.:spanked:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hate that so much shyt is breakin' on it after only havin' it for a few months. But I guess thats to be expected from a 74 that had been in someones garage for 8 years without bein' driven. Speedometer just stopped workin' on Thanksgiving and I notice I have an oil leak yesterday.
:(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The interior! It is ratty and needs to be redone. That is next on my list I just have to finish and sell my Trans-Am first.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
raidmagic said:
The interior! It is ratty and needs to be redone. That is next on my list I just have to finish and sell my Trans-Am first.
What year T/A ..... I might be interested

·
Registered
13 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I know we all love our Vettes alot but just like anything else there has to be something you Hate about your Vette?:huh: I hate that ever since I modded the car it is very finiky.....seems like it never broke before but now that its modded I break atleast once a year if not more!:( I still love my car though!:excited: :D
I hate that I can't use a drive-up ATM machine. I usually have to get out
and walk up. I feel a bit stupid.

But then again, I get to jump back in my Vette and drive out knowing
I've got the sweetest car on the road !
:cheers:

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
the thing i hate is

the seemingly lack of pride that dealers and repair shops have .you know the rutine at the dealer there stone cold you or ishould say i have to pull teeth to get all iwant to know about the visit im always diplomatic but that servise manager wants the next customer asap but i dont hesitate to ask to talk to the mech for his observation he is always more informative thanx cosmo:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: thats me in green:smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I hate the digital dash setup. I had nothing but trouble with it for the first 4 months I had the car. Couldn't leave town cuz every time I did the thing f*cked up. It flashed on the drive home the night I bought it! It was a freshly rebuilt unit! So I got warranty, put the next one in. Month later kerpop. Dead. SH!T! So I take off all the trim for the 700th time, touch the plug and bingo, back on. hmmm........ I pissed around with the plug and all the wires for 2 weeks, until finally finding out that it was a bad ground. Haven't had any problems with it since. Logged over 1000 miles with no trouble. Even though it wasn't really the fault of the dash, I still can't leave town without wondering. I also hate how everyone sees me and wants to race. All I have is a stock Crossfire and a catalytic converter with not bottom. It makes a bunch of racket and looks fast, but it aint that fast. Come spring we may have to fix that problem..............

1 - 20 of 56 Posts