Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you say to your wife,whos interest in your corvette is a little pass so so and has been nagging me on the possible purchase of a mustang for her enjoyment.Of course it has to be a classic 1968,or a 97 Corba.Has for the Corba ,well we know that this one could keep up with my Vette.HaHa,so she thinks.I have been married for going on 12 adventours years and time has come to put a little spark in our relationship.She thinks that this may be the answer.What do you think guy Get or Get none for a long time to come........................................................................well:huh: :surprised :surprised :surprised

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
How much do you do to yours now. If you are pretty well "finished" with it, make her a deal. You'll get one that is running but needs some work. Then whatever you do to the Mustang, you also do to the Vette. Mustang get an interior, Vette gets a custom interior. Mustang get an engine. Vette gets a new cam and heads. Mustang get paint, Vette gets custom job with flames. Well you get the idea. Try it , it might fly

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things looking up already,keep then comeing,guys

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Aloha Kenny,
you will probably get alot of different reply's,but-do you have to sell your car to get the stang.?if so,i would say discussion over.
i used to beat late mustangs in my 89',barely...the mustang will loss value pretty quikly.your car is a classic next year.
try to talk her into a newer LS1 F-body.i think she will get bored with the stang very quikly.you may get lucky,when she test drives the stang she may not like it.
if you can get both cars,Torch Red has a good idea.your car could use a full header and exhaust,and some intake work.then race her at the track.
at least she is into cars,your perdicament could be worse.
need some spark.start the car and have her hold the end of the # 1 plug for a second...:laughing: kidding of coarse..good luck bro..:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:

need some spark.start the car and have her hold the end of the # 1 plug for a second...:laughing: kidding of coarse..good luck bro..:buhbye:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That'l do it.

Seriously tho, buy her a mustang. Why not, if thats the car she wants to drive who cares. Besides it'll probably cost you a lot less than a lot of other cars nowadays. :)

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Kenney,
I hope tha after 12 years the purchase of a car is not what your relationship teeters on. If the purchase is to enhance the relationship and allow her to feel as though she has something of her own as a similar "hobby" as you then so be it.
My wife (31 years) had me trade her car in (she really never liked the color, the car was ok for her) to buy my current Vette with the idea that she's pick out what she wanted for herself. I sold my 98 outright and did the trade. That said she/we looked at several different vehicles, she's not a Mustang type person, rather a Lexus sc430 type person, she looked at Infinity FX's, H2's and Cayenne's as she decided she really wanted an all wheel or 4 wheel drive vehicle. I let her pick what she wanted. She finally picked a Cayenne, not the 450 hp turbo just the 340hp version (I knew she would as soon as she saw and drove it) to be able to anyway afford it, it was a demo and she was ok with that. She's happy. She has also finally decided tht she wanted to drive the Vette every now and then and I'm ok with that I showed her the latest concept/spy/Kuper shots of a C6 and she wants to know if I want to get rid of my 4k mile 03 vert for the 06! I don't want to get out of mine, I can only fear what she would want next.

Give and take, mutual respect, do what fits your situation best.

Good Luck and happy horsepower!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hawaii-5-lo said:
Aloha Kenny,
you will probably get alot of different reply's,but-do you have to sell your car to get the stang.?if so,i would say discussion over.
i used to beat late mustangs in my 89',barely...the mustang will loss value pretty quikly.your car is a classic next year.
try to talk her into a newer LS1 F-body.i think she will get bored with the stang very quikly.you may get lucky,when she test drives the stang she may not like it.
if you can get both cars,Torch Red has a good idea.your car could use a full header and exhaust,and some intake work.then race her at the track.
at least she is into cars,your perdicament could be worse.
oh no the vette dont go,if it did it woud be for a upgrade.I had her look at a monty,and she did like that ,but her love of these mustangs has clouded her thought process.I will be looking in the spring,so it will buy me some time for reasoning.thanks bro

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
A classic Mustang would be cool. My wife wanted me to get a 66 Mustang before I got my 55 Chevy.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I've been through a divorce.... I'll keep my mouth shut
seeing her new husband treating the car I bought her like it's HIS pride and joy just burns my @ss!!! OOps!! that slipped out anyway

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I had a 66 Mustang (rusted right behind the front tires), trust me when I say my 66 Vette is less costly then the Stang. I would look for a project car (Vette) you could work on together.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
my wife had about a dozen Mustang convertables. They're ok and fun. She'd get a matching leather miniskirt with every one of them.

She eventually leaned into Vette's which actually started us out. We now have two. A C5 is somewhere in the future and so is a 56 Caddy convert.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
JCswm said:
I've been through a divorce.... I'll keep my mouth shut
seeing her new husband treating the car I bought her like it's HIS pride and joy just burns my @ss!!! OOps!! that slipped out anyway
it's ok, you can say ass here, we won't deduct points.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
My wife is not into cars on the slightest bit. It wouldn't concern her if she drove an 85 olds compared to a 2003 caddy.

She likes my vette, she says its "pretty".

Sorry I couldn't help. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts