Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
That is an expensive system and I'm not sure about their claim of a 50hp and 60lb/ft of torque gain. You could buy a set of TPIS headers, Bassani x-pipe and high flow cats a lot cheaper, but the installation might be a little harder and would probably require some welding. FLP has a nice exhaust system available for C5's also: http://www.flp2win.com/

B

·
0 Posts
The only way you would see a 50/60 gain is if your engine was as highly modifed as Arnie's old car. On a stock motor, you would only get maybe 25-30.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is a lil Pricey and i do believe their claim is BS, yeah maybe on a highly modified car but not on a stock ls1/ls6:rolleyes:

I had TPIS and didnt like them, used the H-collector - leaked, used band clamps - leaked, ended up welding them, still didnt like them. Sold them, and called Mitch at FLP, now they sound great, great quality, revs a little quicker, and best of all no leaks no welds and i can swap out the cats for race pipes in 10 mins!!!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
BLUBYU2002C5 said:

I had TPIS and didnt like them, used the H-collector - leaked, used band clamps - leaked, ended up welding them, still didnt like them.
I had no problem with leaks on my set of TPIS headers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Your half way to a heads/cam package with that price. I would probably piece together a system and save some $$$$.
you almost all the the way to a head and cam package if you know where to get them! The only way to see a fifty hp gain with headers is on a highly modified car, those are waaaaay too expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried to delete my reply but it won't let me! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts