Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
so it will be placed in no reserve category and pulled early if bids are weak

I hate these type of auctions. In other words if you aren't prepared to bend over and pay too much for this I'm pulling the auction.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I'll pass. Seller says the thing is autographed by Duntov and others, but I didn't see any signatures. All the original Grand Sports had fuelies; this type of set up was used on some of the GSs, but only after they got into private hands.

Still, they do look terrific under the hood.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'll pass. Seller says the thing is autographed by Duntov and others, but I didn't see any signatures. All the original Grand Sports had fuelies; this type of set up was used on some of the GSs, but only after they got into private hands.

Still, they do look terrific under the hood.

:thumbsup:
I think some of them somewhere within their racing days used side draft Webers.....I don`t exactly see this as being super rare unless it has a GM part number (did I miss that??).....nice move by placing a GM box in the pic though. this guy also sells repro dist tags as NOS originals....
...redvetracr

My guess if it sells (as it appears he is fishing)...$1500 and thats probably more than it is worth...unless it is a GM part

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know they started out using 58mm side drafts, the non factory cars used 48s. They used a moon type (inglese sells them) manifold w/ alternating runners but I've also seen paired runenrs, very short..barely making it over the center. looks like a lower tpi manfold. This looks just like that w/ throttle bodies bolted up instead of webers

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have no idea but per TT's original post I will guess 25K.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's tje ebay manifold w/ throttle bodies

and here's a late 63 manifold, the earleir oens used the moon type crossram

It's the same thing!

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
another of one of those replies you guys won't believe....

one of my oldest friends from '66 yet, when we met...he is a Mopar/Chrysler fanatic, much as me with GM....

his dentist was none other than Dr. Dick Thompson....Bethesda/Chevy Chase Maryland....

same area code in those daze....been a while....

SO if you wanna get drilled by a pro...get Dr. Dick Thompson, that is....

serious....

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
noooooooooooo do not run up the price :thud:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so how much is that in real money? enough to buy an apple? :rolling:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm gonna win it and then sell it to TT at DOUBLE the price I pay. And it will be in US dollars too :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts