Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I who’d like to know what do you think about something. I have a 76 with a Luggage Rack.

I also have a LeMans style roller latch fuel cap

Now my question is: do I keep the a Luggage Rack or the back will Look better without it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice ride:thumbsup:, IMO i'd keep the rack off, not much praticality to keep it, plus it's a pain in the ass to clean around it. Once again, nice ride, I really like the black with the chrome trim.:partyon:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Both cars look sharp man:thumbsup: If it was mine I'd take off the rack cause for my personal taste I like the racks on the 68-73 Corvettes. That Le Mans style is sweet:partyon: Again sharp Corvettes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
to me it would all boil down to ...do i mount my tops on the rack ...or not ...i like to pop the tops on mine and cramming them in behind the seats suck ....i use a fox cloth top to solve my issue ..but if i had racks and they were in good shape id use them with the top mounts ..if not id lose them.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess I'm going to take the flip side. I like the racks, I had one on my 77 and to me the look is classic late 70's Vette.

Besides, how do you fill in the mounting holes?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I guess I'm going to take the flip side. I like the racks, I had one on my 77 and to me the look is classic late 70's Vette.

Besides, how do you fill in the mounting holes?
My '74 had the holes but no rack, I was repainting the car anyhow so filling wasn't an issue.

If you wanted the fill the holes but were worried about the paint, you could always have some small stainless plugs made to fill them....I don't think they would look out of place, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Up to you. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Remove the rack and you will have six (or eight) holes to fill.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Loose the rack keep the cap! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts