Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,418 Posts
Well here goes the Zaino debate...... On my C5 I had those annoying little scratches. I did switch to a 100% COTTON, American made towel. The imports say they are 100% but are not as good. The bigger scratches waxed out but the real fine ones were still there. I have read about Zaino Brothers for several years and thought yeah, right but I broke down and bought some. Well they are right. The **** works. I used ZFX, Z-2 and z-5. I've been very pleased with the results

Zaino Brothers Web site

·
Registered
75 Posts
OK now I understand what you meant. I agree with Torch Red 2K. I use the Zaino stuff and it is incredible. Make sure that you use 100 % cotton towels. If you are not sure if they are pure cotton, do the burn test.:cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
You can't get any better towels than the Cannon Fieldcrest Charisma towels....my Zaino guy sells them custom fabricated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No Zaino testimonial here, but in your situation I'd reach for 3M Finish Restorer. I've had success with that in the past.

In order to eliminate this problem in the future, be wary of the towels that you use on your finish. I know many swear by 100% cotton towels, but I don't like them and won't use them on my finish. I prefer high quality microfiber from such places as www.PakShak.com Excellent quality towels that have never marred or scratched my car and I use them all the time. :excited:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought some 3M 39009 for dark cars. I will use my low-speed orbital buffer.... and follow the tips from the guy at the paint store. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use the full line of 3M and have found nothing better so far. I have used it all Z,M, etc. Use the Swirl mark remover by hand or Porter cable for the best results. Follow by 3m Imperial hand Glaze the a couple coats of 3M Show Car Wax. You will be amazed!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts