Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

What Wax, Polish etc do you use on your Vette ???

Is there one that really brings out the deep shine and protects well ?

My Z06 will be Black

My 1977 Vette was red and the sun attacked the paintwork so badly it went almost white.

Eric
London UK :drink:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just finished putting a second coat of REJEX on my 3 week old silver C6. It's easy to apply, not too expensive, and shines great.

How's the weather over there? I'll be North of you in Saint Andrews in about 4 weeks.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
I use the 3M products, 39002 for once a year buffing to remove fine scratches, 39009 for dark colors swirl mark remover every 3 months to keep that sweet shine, and Klasse acrylic finish. :cool:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Okay, I'll say the Z word. I've tried several but keep going back to Zaino

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
The Torch said:
Okay, I'll say the Z word. I've tried several but keep going back to Zaino
:agree: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Iv'e tried a few and go back to Zaino also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
:bang :bang :bang How many time has this come up?

Here's a suggestion: let's conduct a survey to determine what wax is most popular or most recommended. Candidates: Zaino, Rejex, NXT, and anything else that we as a group can think of. Just total and percentage of total respondents for each option would (I think) be sufficient. :smokin:

·
Registered
458 Posts
In the last 2 years, I've used Liquid Glass, NXT, and I'm now using Rejex.

Don't underestimate Liquid Glass--Good Stuff :smokin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You think you've got it bad .... I started this thread and I've never heard of any to them :thud:

Eric :WTF

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I've used Turtle Wax, Simoniz Blue Coral, Rain Dance, Meguiar's Gold, Zaino, and just yesterday tried Adam's Polishes (first time) on my C6. So far, Zaino was my top choice.

Hope to finish the Adam's Polish job today....we'll see, but for now I'm very pleased with Adam's Products.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
EZZINGTON said:
Hey Guys

What Wax, Polish etc do you use on your Vette ???

Is there one that really brings out the deep shine and protects well ?

My Z06 will be Black

My 1977 Vette was red and the sun attacked the paintwork so badly it went almost white.

Eric
London UK :drink:
I have been hearing alot of talk about a wax called liquid ice which just came out.The waxhounds around here seem to like it alot.I don't know who makes it i think simonize or turtle wax makes it.Any one used it yet:huh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One of my other concerns is that some wax goes white before you buff it up and shine up the car.

The major problem on a black car is that the white dried wax embeds itself in the cracks and seams between the panels. This can be a real pain sometimes to get out. Especially when you want to just wax and go :cool:

Eric :smokin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll go with Zaino. Have 6-8 coats on my 2005 Magnetic Red coupe--looks great. As a secondary recommendation I would say Adams Polishes. I use it on my black Trailblazer SS and it workw great and without a doubt is the easiest wax/polish I've ever worked with.

2005 Magnetic Red Z51 Coupe
2006 Black Trailblazer SS LT
1996 Black Impala SS

1 - 20 of 27 Posts