Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They ALWAYS (always, always) want to talk about Corvettes when they deliver a package to my house!!!!

Once time ragvette was at my house, and the damn UPS guy hung out for a 1/2 hour!!!!!

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
This One time I asked the UPS guy what UPS stood for on my way to school. Well Long story Short He told me Im the one in School and I should Know. So I said I didnt and he looked at me for about 1 minute then he said Get outta here Smart Ass. Well me and my friends still Laugh when I bring it up. So i dont use UPS anymore.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm never home when they deliver. I always have them just leave the package on the back porch.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The old UPS man new when I was working on the 72 when he delivered packages from Mid-America Designs. Oh, I also work for UPS handling Air Cargo at night.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I haven't had that experience. Most of my vendors use UPS. We have been in the same location since 89. We had a parade of drivers, the longest stint of one of them was about 4 years.
Near the biginning of 02 our driver announced that the regular driver was gonna be back in a week. WTF??< I asked. Regular driver, then who the hell are you. He was a temp, covering routes for guys off sick or on vacation.
Long story short our "regular" driver Herme, had been on disability for a hurt back...for about 5 years!! he came in and I swear to GOD, within a month he took 5 weeks vacation!!

I've had Hispanic customers on the phone that I culdn't help and when one of those temp drivers came in I had him talk to the customer for me.

Those are my UPS stories for now.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Has'nt happened to me. When UPS delivered my wheels and tires a couple weeks ago, all the guy did was complain how heavy they were and was so glad to be dropping them off. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Every delivery man has to sit there and talk about vettes when they see my car. I hand them the auto trader and tell them to go buy one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fedex, UPS, Airborne.....all 3 are less reliable and have more delays than the United States Postal Service.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
They ALWAYS (always, always) want to talk about Corvettes when they deliver a package to my house!!!!

Once time ragvette was at my house, and the damn UPS guy hung out for a 1/2 hour!!!!!

Anyone else experience this?
No wonder my packages are late. :rolling:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yes for sure..........Just had the ups deliver some front and back Grand Sport mats in red for me(had to have some red inside;) ) and I said "just in time" for a show that eve. He said could he see them in the car so I opened it up and put them inside for us both to see. The following Mon. he stopped by and asked how the show went etc.. Really nice guy and he loves my GS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm semi-retired UPS. At one time we had 9 employee Vettes lined up in the parking lot at our building, sure was a pretty site seeing all 5 generations out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts