Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What Fuel You Use To Fill Up Your Corvette?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what others use to fill up thier Vette's. I use Shell 93 V-Power with Techron Concentrate every 3,000 miles or so. :cheers:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used BP/Amoco, Sunoco and Mobil. Now i only use Shell 93 V-Power.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shell primarily, however Exxon in a pinch as well as Chevron

Always the highest octane available for the locale:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Well apparently a lot of places here only have 91 octane so that's what I've been putting in it. As long as you don't go lower than 91 octane it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bp

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shell, Texaco, and Phillips 66
Sometimes I go to this corner store in a small town and get 94 octane

·
Registered
414 Posts
Only Chevron with Techron 93+ octane.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
Usually BP. The 5% cash back helps

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Mobil or Shell

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Citgo, regular 87. I havent tried the higher octane yet but I can tell you that she runs strong on 87.
Please dont ban me:laughing:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can anyone tell if fuels with additives like Shell V Power and Chevron with Techron help to keep the fuel system cleaner? I was having a problem with my fuel gauge reading nearly half a tank and when I would hit a sharp curve my gas light would come on because I was really empty. I purchased a bottle of Techron to see if that would help. I was wondering if using these fuels like Shell V Power and Chevron with Techron would help.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
dont own one yet but i would definetely go with either EXXON or MOBIL

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use Chevron or Shell. My car is a daily driver and work is 25 miles away. Two tanks ago I finally couldn't stomach the price for premium anymore and dropped down to the mid grade (89 octane). Even with the price being 10 cents per gallon less, it takes $56 to fill up... Geeeez. I haven't noticed any difference in performance (although I'm in heavy traffic all the time) and fuel economy is the same (again, I almost never get heavy into the pedal). I certainly don't want to drop to the regular fuel, but if the price of gas keeps rising 10 times faster than my paycheck, sooner or later.... you know the rest.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like Shell and Chevron are the most popular, i wonder what the DC Z and DC C6 use?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts