Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Corvette I have ever owned has turned it's fair share of heads. Just wondering what generation C1, C2 ect. you guys think would do it the most?

I tend to think any older Corvette would get alot of attention but then again my C6 get's tons of looks. Can't wait to drive my C3 (when it's done) it will be interesting to see people's reactions to it. I really have no idea what to expect as I've never driven a C3 before. Honestly, I look at every single Corvette no matter the year or condition.:thumbsup:

Thoughts:huh:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My head turns too at all corvettes especially a C6
but I get a neck ache when a 1969 C3 goes by
Love that year !
:agree:
Jeannie
Can't wait to see your C3

P.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I think it's generational. The older guys turn faster at the C2's and C3's. Seems to me the younger generation doesn't have the affinity for the 60's muscle cars we older guys have. But I can tell you they foam at the mouth when I drive my C6 through a fast food line. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My head turns too at all corvettes especially a C6
but I get a neck ache when a 1969 C3 goes by
Love that year !
:agree:
Jeannie
Can't wait to see your C3

P.
Well thanks friend.;)

The paint job reveal will be soon I hope.:D

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I think it's generational. The older guys turn faster at the C2's and C3's. Seems to me the younger generation doesn't have the affinity for the 60's muscle cars we older guys have. But I can tell you they foam at the mouth when I drive my C6 through a fast food line. :laughing:
It's probably just the food making them foam..:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
It's probably just the food making them foam..:laughing:
I hope not, because they hand it to me and I eat it. :surprised

Of course, it's not much to brag about that you can impress a 16 year old that works at a fast food window.:laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
I've experienced whiplash a couple times when a C3 rolls by :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you about the fast food thing.:lookinup: Not many Corvette's must go through the line, because the drive-thru employees always say something about my Red C6.:devil: Once even commented they liked my Ferrari.:rolling:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I hear you about the fast food thing.:lookinup: Not many Corvette's must go through the line, because the drive-thru employees always say something about my Red C6.:devil: Once even commented they liked my Ferrari.:rolling:
You must have been in a short skirt if they saw your Ferrari..:devil:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
A well done early C3 is hard to beat. The C4 is a classic but not a head turner. I think the C6 is the best looking Corvette to date.

:cheers:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I love the C1, C2 & C3 all for their individual looks, but an early C3 that is cherry, or even street modified, will snap my head around the fastest.

A couple of my nearby neighbors with some beautiful C3's have witnessed me in action. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
I love the C1, C2 & C3 all for their individual looks, but an early C3 that is cherry, or even street modified, will snap my head around the fastest.

A couple of my nearby neighbors with some beautiful C3's have witnessed me in action. :laughing:
:agree: Chrome bumper C3 will get me every time. The body lines are so distinct that they tend to stand out in a crowd :thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Having owned both a C3 and now a C2 My experience between the two was this. The C3 always got a ton of passing comments. The C-2 not as many comments maybe. But the ones who do are extremely knowledgeable and interested in the car. And they would talk all day if they could. Personally having had them both, I think the C3 was funner to drive, but the build quality is better on the C2:partyon:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
C2 - by leaps and bounds. :partyon:

Very stylistic and so few of them on the road.

The newer Corvettes simply don't 'turn heads' to me, they blend in way too much and are stylistically bland compared to the classic designs of yesteryear.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think to everyday people that don't know corvettes like us, I think C3's get the most looks, with their outrageous curves.

However, I always thought the C5 got my attention the most, it always looked the most exotic when coming from head on, or from several angles for that matter.

I don't know about the C6 though, sometimes I can't tell it apart from other cars on the road from the front. It seems more and more cars are starting to have similar curves to the C6.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've actually had people take photos of the '69 while driving down the interstate...that being said, some young lady flashed me the other day driving the '07 Z06:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts