Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happend to DC? This place used to be hoppin! I'm a long time Corvette guru but fell off the wagon for a little while. I came back to my old home here and it is dead :crazy: Where did the huge community go?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Were all out looking in our rearview mirrors at the competition ............:partyon: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
This is your 50th post after over 6 years as a member, and you think it's dead in here. :laughing:

Maybe it would be more lively in here if you posted more. :smack

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Well in this section, rumors and opinions have been beaten to death, so the section is slow til spy photos actually surface.

The c5 section lost Rob Moore but added junkman a few years ago. Hes kool. I left the site years ago and gave up my moderating duties, then returned a couple years ago. Patrick doesn't run the site anymore but is still around, the site is still the best corvette site. I also agree with Kenny GS

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
well most of the young ladies , are not posting, and since i am working a lot more and not PUI, it just seems dead, it will get better, besides you need to post more also:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Does your screen appear Blue? :huh: This is the 1st sign of a Corvette addiction.
A post mid day on a Tuesday :surprised in the C7 Facts Section :lookinup: isn't going to get alot of excitement without C7 Facts. Dead? When most of us are at work earning an income just to fill the fuel tank? :thud:

Pop in more often...............we are full of excitement :D Patrick has a "Killer" Video library here that beats Blockbuster any day of the week :devil: and we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week :cheers: You can't find a bar to BS in with those hours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya Ya, I have been away for awhile and don't post that often, I lurk more than anything. Just wanted to check in with you guys make sure DC was still ok and what have you. DC had always been the best forum site out there.

Been with DC since 2004 and now that I am older and have a real job, I'm getting closer to my Corvette! It's been a loooooong time coming...

But I will take your guys advice and post more often! Ya'll take care!

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
When Lutz was around, he knew how to keep the net buzzing.

Think about it.
  • They show a concept Camaro that gets tons of favorable press and :thumbsup: feedback from the public.
  • They announce they will take it to production, so we have a good idea of what it will look like.
  • As soon as the prototypes are testing, they cammo them. Lots of pics make it to the rags and to the net.
  • After a year plus of this, Lutz orders the cammo removed because it is a joke - WE SAW THE CONCEPT CAR! Lots of press about the fact that the cammo will be removed.
  • Spy pics of the Camaro surface without cammo.
  • Camaro pics and vids from the 'ring appear on the net and in the rags.
  • Another Car show with the soon to be produced Camaro. More pics and vide everywhere - even network TV.
  • Puts the now 2 year old, but never on the road design in a blockbuster movie.
  • The car hits the showroom floor and is gobbled up by demand.

I miss Lutz. Would love to be reading some C7 quotes from him. :)

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
When Lutz was around, he knew how to keep the net buzzing.

Think about it.
  • They show a concept Camaro that gets tons of favorable press and :thumbsup: feedback from the public.
  • They announce they will take it to production, so we have a good idea of what it will look like.
  • As soon as the prototypes are testing, they cammo them. Lots of pics make it to the rags and to the net.
  • After a year plus of this, Lutz orders the cammo removed because it is a joke - WE SAW THE CONCEPT CAR! Lots of press about the fact that the cammo will be removed.
  • Spy pics of the Camaro surface without cammo.
  • Camaro pics and vids from the 'ring appear on the net and in the rags.
  • Another Car show with the soon to be produced Camaro. More pics and vide everywhere - even network TV.
  • Puts the now 2 year old, but never on the road design in a blockbuster movie.
  • The car hits the showroom floor and is gobbled up by demand.

I miss Lutz. Would love to be reading some C7 quotes from him. :)
Lutz was good in many regards for GM, he did know how to build buzz which it seems like they don't know how to do it like he does.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Lutz was good in many regards for GM, he did know how to build buzz which it seems like they don't know how to do it like he does.
Well at least the Vette's #1 compare-itor(comparison and competitor) in the international market is growing longer and heavier. Or Motor Trend says so about the 911

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
From a business standpoint, I think Lutz' biggest mistake was the Kappas. He should either have pushed for mainstream models on that platform or put his clout behind an earlier release of the Cruise.

Right behind the Kappas would be the rush to put the GTO into the US - it wasn't very good package and sat on the lots.

These were both perfomance guy ideas, but the $$ would have been better spent getting the Cruise to market earlier. JMHO

·
Registered
466 Posts
From a business standpoint, I think Lutz' biggest mistake was the Kappas. He should either have pushed for mainstream models on that platform or put his clout behind an earlier release of the Cruise.

Right behind the Kappas would be the rush to put the GTO into the US - it wasn't very good package and sat on the lots.

These were both perfomance guy ideas, but the $$ would have been better spent getting the Cruise to market earlier. JMHO
+1
Lutz did good things overall but the kappas were a disaster. You had the target car right in front of you (Mazda MX5) and you made a car that weighed 400 pounds more, had a top that was difficult to operate (especially compared to the Mazda which you can lower while sitting in the car) and a trunk that would hold 1 briefcase. Getting the Cruise to market earlier would have been a much better use of $$$,

Jimmy

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
Yep. When I saw the size and weight of the Kappas I kept waiting for the subsequent new models that would be based on that platform. I that there was no way he went to all that expense to just make a coouple of over-weight sports cars.

Frankly, I thought a coupe and sedan would be offered on the same platform and would eventually compete against the BMW.

BTW, I know we're way off topic, but WTH, nothing new on the vette front.

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
Politics?!!? I slipped my wife a micky last night so that I could pull the gold fillings off her molars. I made more money in 30 minutes than I have in the stock market for the last 5 years!

Back to the other off topic topic ...

Why the hell didn't they make that Kappa Nomad. I swear we would have one for a commuter car if they had ... even if I had to pull off a few more gold fillings. She'd never have missed them anyway.

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
I avoid those political threads as people get really worked up over it and have some really dumb ideas.......

Though its sad that on a Corvette forum politics are taking away from the main focus of this entire forum which is Corvettes. I would consider dumping the news room or where ever it is that politics comes up and keep things to Corvettes or cars in general.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I avoid those political threads as people get really worked up over it and have some really dumb ideas.......

Though its sad that on a Corvette forum politics are taking away from the main focus of this entire forum which is Corvettes. I would consider dumping the news room or where ever it is that politics comes up and keep things to Corvettes or cars in general.
QFT. Amen, sir.

·
Registered
889 Posts
you didn't hear. Oh ya, the name stayed the same but the forum is now used for left vs right wing rhetoric exclusively.

That, and ads from vendors posted in every category available.

Bah.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts