Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Patrick when he ran the site and I'm asking the current management to put an end to political commentary that continues to dominate the "Main Page" topics. I don't give a rat's ass about your politics! I want to talk about Corvettes. I don't go to Fox or CNN to talk about Vettes and I'm sick to death of all of the political posturing that permeates my favorite Corvette forum. Most times its not the least bit mature, open minded or founded in fact...its just inflammatory rhetoric and bullshit posturing. I'm begging the management of DC to keep it off of the main page topics list. I get enough of that BS on radio and TV. Why do I have to wade through it when I want to read and talk about all things Corvette? One man's opinion. Thanks for listening...oh, by the way, I no longer accept the same old tired juvenile response that is sure to be coming after my post of, "If you don't like it you don't have to read it." It shouldn't even be a topic of conversation on the main page of a car forum. Its rarely an intellectual or engaging debate, usually deteriorates into hateful nonsense, always becomes divisive. It also makes me miss the DC I used to come to...some of you remember, the place where people came together to worship all things Corvette. I don't mind that there are forum areas for those non Corvette related material, I just wish that the threads would be kept off of the main page. I used to visit DC every day...the first place I went, but like many others I have just grown tired of the off topic BS I have to sift through to find relevant Corvette information. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
904 Posts
:agree: Right now, as I type this, eight of thirty threads on the main page are of a political nature.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
So create some fresh Corvette-related threads and get involved in others to keep activity going.

There are many of us that do this every week. Good content doesn't just appear, it takes an effort from everyone. :thumbsup:

Forums tend to get lots of lookers, but need continually efforts to turn those folks into active posters. "New" Corvette topics get discussed quick and heavy, then there's a stretch with nothing fresh to discuss, that's where off topic sections fill the void.

DC is first and foremost a community, which happens to be focused around Corvette enthusiasts. Corvettes are what its members are passionate about, but certainly not the only thing. The Newsroom isn't going anywhere, and it shouldn't either.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Ok here we go again, The every one conform to me thread. These are my pet peeve,but I still read them and don't quit the forum because of them.

I want to talk about Corvettes. I don't go to Fox or CNN to talk about Vettes and I'm sick to death of all of the political posturing that permeates my favorite Corvette forum. Sorry for the rant.
SCRex0472 you have not started a thread since 2009, and the majority of the threads you have posted in are, Newroom, and lounge? I have busted my balls trying to document, take pictures of my projects for every one to enjoy and comment on, good or bad I don't care. It adds hours to my projects, But thats ok. And there are lots of people on this forum that do the same just to get one or two replies that say "thats Cool"

You get out of a forum what you put in. Dive in and follow these good posts. get in there and participate.

To every one reading this unless members create more Corvette related articles then the only thing left is the news room.

In my opinion eliminating the news room would leave nothing but a lot of people asking why there are no threads on this forum, and a few people making threads and asking why does no one participate, and why am I wasting my time...

I my self get this way some times when I spend an hour preparing and uploading a thread with pictures, only to get a couple of replies to it and see it disappear into the archives in less than 12 hours.

Forums are made for two way communication, negative or positive, get in there and comment on the project.
give positive and negative critique on them, be nice and enjoy the resulting forum you create.

Just one old mans opinion...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well said Iburke, and I for sure have read your posts and documentations in C3. Thank you! I think the nature of the posts in News room these days reflects the urgency people are feeling relative to the politics of the day. These are historic times and are bound to be discussed with passion. Owners of the site are undoubtedly aware of the traffic in and out of the News area and I would wager it beats most of the other areas. Like it or not there is a lot of interested viewers. I have had my vette for 21 years and had it garaged for 15 yrs after driving it for 5. If it were not for the people and the forums on this site, it would still be sitting in my garage. I have learned a lot, have done a lot of work and I owe it to what is available here, thank you all! I get my Corvette info from the appropriate forum areas for such. I don't look for political discussions in the C3 area, and I don't look for how to tighten the bolt of the week in the news area. just my opinion :cheers::D:D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here we go again, The every one conform to me thread. These are my pet peeve,but I still read them and don't quit the forum because of them.

SCRex0472 you have not started a thread since 2009, and the majority of the threads you have posted in are, Newroom, and lounge? I have busted my balls trying to document, take pictures of my projects for every one to enjoy and comment on, good or bad I don't care. It adds hours to my projects, But thats ok. And there are lots of people on this forum that do the same just to get one or two replies that say "thats Cool"

You get out of a forum what you put in. Dive in and follow these good posts. get in there and participate.

To every one reading this unless members create more Corvette related articles then the only thing left is the news room.

In my opinion eliminating the news room would leave nothing but a lot of people asking why there are no threads on this forum, and a few people making threads and asking why does no one participate, and why am I wasting my time...

I my self get this way some times when I spend an hour preparing and uploading a thread with pictures, only to get a couple of replies to it and see it disappear into the archives in less than 12 hours.

Forums are made for two way communication, negative or positive, get in there and comment on the project.
give positive and negative critique on them, be nice and enjoy the resulting forum you create.

Just one old mans opinion...
Iburke, I love your posts and read all that I can, and am going to respond to you only on this post because I dig ya man. Unfortunately, I feel that you have missed my point. I am not advocating for removal of the Newsroom, and I am not trying to keep people from having a place to express their views or argue or rant. I am asking for the Main Page to feed Corvette related posts only. I also respectfully disagree with you that people would stop posting on DC if this political commentary was removed from the feed. I suspect that you would find many more people contributing to those posts that you have spent your time to create, because, frankly there would be more people interested in talking about Vettes visiting DC and fewer interested in being political pundits. The DC I first found was a community with a Main Page full of Corvette related material. Even a few years ago it was a community where people exchanged ideas about their Corvette passion. I don't feel it would suffer from removing News feeds from the main page, as my general feeling is that most of these folks don't really contribute any Corvette related posts or feedback anyway. As far as how often I post and when I respond to a post having anything to do with this, I think you only prove my point when you say that I haven't had much Corvette related to say lately. There is less and less Corvette related talk on DC to enjoy and contribute to. Am I wrong for wanting to change that? I for one read and enjoy many posts including yours without commenting and I think it is a too commonly held philosophy that if you have 10,000 posts that you are really a contributing member versus the noobs with 50 posts. I disagree that you get out of it what you put in in the sense of posting for the sake of posting is internet masturbation. If I have something to add, I do...and yes, as of late most of my comments have been news room related...why? It seems that is all there is on the main page. I'm speaking up now because I would like to see a change. If people don't agree, thats OK. I like driving my Vettes any night or day of the week versus being involved in others preoccupations. I'm just saying for the sake of conversation, do we really have to tolerate all of the BS to get to the good stuff? Shane

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Iburke, I love your posts and read all that I can, and am going to respond to you only on this post because I dig ya man. Unfortunately, I feel that you have missed my point. I am not advocating for removal of the Newsroom, and I am not trying to keep people from having a place to express their views or argue or rant. I am asking for the Main Page to feed Corvette related posts only. I also respectfully disagree with you that people would stop posting on DC if this political commentary was removed from the feed. I suspect that you would find many more people contributing to those posts that you have spent your time to create, because, frankly there would be more people interested in talking about Vettes visiting DC and fewer interested in being political pundits. The DC I first found was a community with a Main Page full of Corvette related material. Even a few years ago it was a community where people exchanged ideas about their Corvette passion. I don't feel it would suffer from removing News feeds from the main page, as my general feeling is that most of these folks don't really contribute any Corvette related posts or feedback anyway. As far as how often I post and when I respond to a post having anything to do with this, I think you only prove my point when you say that I haven't had much Corvette related to say lately. There is less and less Corvette related talk on DC to enjoy and contribute to. Am I wrong for wanting to change that? I for one read and enjoy many posts including yours without commenting and I think it is a too commonly held philosophy that if you have 10,000 posts that you are really a contributing member versus the noobs with 50 posts. I disagree that you get out of it what you put in in the sense of posting for the sake of posting is internet masturbation. If I have something to add, I do...and yes, as of late most of my comments have been news room related...why? It seems that is all there is on the main page. I'm speaking up now because I would like to see a change. If people don't agree, thats OK. I like driving my Vettes any night or day of the week versus being involved in others preoccupations. I'm just saying for the sake of conversation, do we really have to tolerate all of the BS to get to the good stuff? Shane
See now thats what I'm talking about a little constructive feed back. I knew you had it in you. Keep it up... And as far as putting up with the BS to get to the good stuff. We have a lot of good people Who donate there time to eliminate A lot of BS that you never see and they do a great job of it. If it all came threw you would not even know this was a Corvette forum. It is bombarded by millions of companies and crack pots world wide 24 hours a day.

So hang in there ignore the BS and enjoy the good stuff.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
So create some fresh Corvette-related threads and get involved in others to keep activity going.

There are many of us that do this every week. Good content doesn't just appear, it takes an effort from everyone. :thumbsup:

Forums tend to get lots of lookers, but need continually efforts to turn those folks into active posters. "New" Corvette topics get discussed quick and heavy, then there's a stretch with nothing fresh to discuss, that's where off topic sections fill the void.

DC is first and foremost a community, which happens to be focused around Corvette enthusiasts. Corvettes are what its members are passionate about, but certainly not the only thing. The Newsroom isn't going anywhere, and it shouldn't either.
And, post interesting News Stories not political crap.
I have been trying to do this since the "housecleaning".

:cheers:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Personally, I like how this thread has turned out:thumbsup:Nice when people can take a potentially controversial subject and work it out to have a better understanding of each other. Something you don't see everyday. Kudos to both of you:partyon:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Personally, I like how this thread has turned out:thumbsup:Nice when people can take a potentially controversial subject and work it out to have a better understanding of each other. Something you don't see everyday. Kudos to both of you:partyon:
We had this one, one in the help section and two others like this here in this section a farther while back, bout a year or two back.

These last two were civil.

The two before that, they told the OP to eat **** n die....:laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I asked Patrick when he ran the site and I'm asking the current management to put an end to political commentary that continues to dominate the "Main Page" topics. I don't give a rat's ass about your politics! I want to talk about Corvettes. I don't go to Fox or CNN to talk about Vettes and I'm sick to death of all of the political posturing that permeates my favorite Corvette forum. Most times its not the least bit mature, open minded or founded in fact...its just inflammatory rhetoric and bullshit posturing. I'm begging the management of DC to keep it off of the main page topics list. I get enough of that BS on radio and TV. Why do I have to wade through it when I want to read and talk about all things Corvette? One man's opinion. Thanks for listening...oh, by the way, I no longer accept the same old tired juvenile response that is sure to be coming after my post of, "If you don't like it you don't have to read it." It shouldn't even be a topic of conversation on the main page of a car forum. Its rarely an intellectual or engaging debate, usually deteriorates into hateful nonsense, always becomes divisive. It also makes me miss the DC I used to come to...some of you remember, the place where people came together to worship all things Corvette. I don't mind that there are forum areas for those non Corvette related material, I just wish that the threads would be kept off of the main page. I used to visit DC every day...the first place I went, but like many others I have just grown tired of the off topic BS I have to sift through to find relevant Corvette information. Sorry for the rant.
One simple question...

If you are wanting to discuss Corvette related topics why are you posting in the News Room Forum insteads of one of 30+ Corvette topic specific Forums on this site?:huh:

It is really like walking into a McDonalds and griping about the smell of burgers, what did you expect?:WTF

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
It is really like walking into a McDonalds and griping about the smell of burgers, what did you expect?:WTF
Can I just say, I love the smell of their burgers and that's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I just don't open a thread if I'm not interested, and I usually go directly to the specific forums of interest.

It's not really that big of a deal.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.