Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it goes like this I was driving my 06 Z pretty hard and I was going from 1st to 2nd and it went into 2nd gear, but then the clutch petal fell to the floor:surprised it never came back up from throwing into 2nd. So I pulled over and looked at it and pull the petal back up and it stayed but then I hit it and it fell back the same way it first did, and it does the same thing over and over, so me and my buddy started pushing the car and I was sitting steering and I thought let me put it in first while being pushed and it worked and I could shift threw gears with the petal on the floor:WTF and it took it to the dealer like that.

Any thoughts on whats wrong with it and why it let me shift threw gears???

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well it goes like this I was driving my 06 Z pretty hard and I was going from 1st to 2nd and it went into 2nd gear, but then the clutch petal fell to the floor:surprised it never came back up from throwing into 2nd. So I pulled over and looked at it and pull the petal back up and it stayed but then I hit it and it fell back the same way it first did, and it does the same thing over and over, so me and my buddy started pushing the car and I was sitting steering and I thought let me put it in first while being pushed and it worked and I could shift threw gears with the petal on the floor:WTF and it took it to the dealer like that.

Here is Ranger's solution, read this and the entire thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1560011402&postcount=26
:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your clutch is defective. :thud:
I had the same issues with both of my '06 C6/Z06's. The entire clutch assemblies on both cars had to be replaced. My 1st '06 had a bad flywheel and the 2nd '06 had a bad clutch. I insisted that they replace the entire clutch assembly, inclusive of a new flywheels.

There were a few C6/Z06's at the Dealership for the same issue, both times.

Although I only have 2200 miles on my current '07 Z06 in 7 months , I have yet to have any issues with my '07.

Best of luck,

Les

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the respones, ill keep you guys posted on what the dealer tells me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
587 Posts

you need a clutch pedal stop as you are over centering the diaphragm pressure plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts