Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slow and leaky (75) vette quit being leaky shortly after I joined this board, and by springtime it won't be slow either :thumbsup:

However, some dipsh*t put a set of aftermarket L48 emblems emblems on the hood just like chevy placed the L82 emblems. Why you would want to tell the world your car's a sloth, I don't know. They've already generated some stupid comments and have just got to go.

Anyhoo, the new bullet is a 406 with 10:1 compression and little 190 dart heads. Nothing too crazy, but also not from the same planet as an L48.

Would you badge it as a 400 with what would likely be repro truck emblems? Or do something entirely different? Or just post a bunch of awesome pictures of your cowl induction emblems. Hmmm, maybe that's the answer, a cowl induction emblem.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Maybe leave the L48 emblems and make some money with your new motor:huh:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
The slow and leaky (75) vette quit being leaky shortly after I joined this board, and by springtime it won't be slow either :thumbsup:

However, some dipsh*t put a set of aftermarket L48 emblems emblems on the hood just like chevy placed the L82 emblems. Why you would want to tell the world your car's a sloth, I don't know. They've already generated some stupid comments and have just got to go.

Anyhoo, the new bullet is a 406 with 10:1 compression and little 190 dart heads. Nothing too crazy, but also not from the same planet as an L48.

Would you badge it as a 400 with what would likely be repro truck emblems? Or do something entirely different? Or just post a bunch of awesome pictures of your cowl induction emblems. Hmmm, maybe that's the answer, a cowl induction emblem.

I had these made for my hood. Modeled after a 400 emblem. I will paint them to match the body color, so the inside of the numbering will be black, and I'll leave the outline polished aluminum.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Corvette Central (perhaps other vendors as well) sells individual numbers that are styled after the originals that you can place in any order that you like. 406 included.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
You know what the say... Bitchen is as bitchen does....

Leave them off and make um guess...

·
Registered
332 Posts
my 79 is the other way around,but doesnt matter over here as most people here have no clue what a L48/L82 are! I know i didnt till i bought this vette then started researching it.:lookinup: in your case leave em guessing:devil:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This part of the midwest is chevy country and it's suprising how many people know what an L48 is. Thankfully, they're not LG4 badges!

Had totally forgotten about the individual numbers, thanks for the tip. And DB's cnc emblems are pretty bitchin too.

Last time I was in this dilemna went with a set of GTO "hurst equipped", they've been really popular but have since changed the shifter and am not hurst-equipped. Gotta love making yourself into a poser.

Does anybody make a duntov script or something along those lines?

Keep it coming, I like BSing about hood emblems :thumbsup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blank isn't really an option, the hood was drilled for the L48s and I'm not gonna repaint the hood. If necessary I could do the world's smallest fill & blend to make a hole disappear if the new emblem doesn't cover it. But that kind of repair really needs the emblem to camoflage it.

The other thing is when I think about what makes the coolest rubber bumper C3s, it's cars that embrace their 60s styling and musclecar cues. Hood emblems are total musclecar.

I've gone to my emblem box and here's some possibilities without having to buy anything

Monte Carlo
Vandura 3500
1500 Custom Deluxe
Vega 2300 "by chevrolet"
Chrysler
Sunbird
Audi
El Camino

Does anyone make a small Duntov script in the same style as our Stingray emblems? Could swear I've seen them before.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the perfect emblem

"PACER"

Unfortunately, I only have one, but you might be able to find it's match on eBay.

PM me and we can work out a payment plan.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pacer has a nice ring to it, and pace cars do lead the race. Actually the proper emblem for my neighborhood would be the monster energy drink sticker. No Fear is sooooo 2007.

Wish I had an LT-1, those are the coolest small block emblems ever.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
You know what the say... Bitchen is as bitchen does....

Leave them off and make um guess...
I believe he meant to say "A great big "F" and a great big "U"... would be suitable". :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts