Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On January 16 2007 my wife and i ordered a new 07 Monterey Red coupe-Mag ride,navigation,6sp manual ,cashmere interior onstar,chrome wheels,We had heard that Monterey red was going to be discontinued so we ordered early, no monery was put down as i have an automotive repair shop and i buy a ton of parts for the ordering dealer,they stated that we should take delivery about the end of April or early May called the dealer 2 weeks later and they stated that the car was in the 1100 code and order #KSMMVG,we kept in touch throughout the weeks we were assured that all was good-no problems but no additional event codes, well as luck would have it on Thur April 4 the dealer called and told my wife that they had good news and bad news, yes we could still get the car but we can't have monterey Red as it was discontinued on April 2nd and also we find out that they didn't even have an allocation until april, Well why didn't they tell us this when we ordered the car in January. UPSET is not the words that discribe how feel. We've looked on GM buypower throught out the United States trying to find this combination---no luck---:WTF

·
Registered
546 Posts
once again a salesman does not even know what he is selling

not interested in a used 07 i guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not in an 06, looks like it might be an 08, but we don't know what the new claret red will look like, we both lover the monterey red, with cashmere.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i meant 07

why not just buy a used 07 with low miles and your color combo?

·
Registered
53 Posts
They knew that if they told you Monterey Red was going to be disconintued and they didn't have an uncommitted allocation until April you would have gone to another dealer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The exact same thing happen to me last year when I order a Mag Red. Ended up getting Monterey Red, but had to wait for the 2006 to come out. So delievery in Apr turned out to be Dec waiting for the new color. I just don't know what it is with GM and RED and the C6. Precision Red, Mag Red, Monterey Red, can't anyone decide what red they really want?:smack

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I'd say this will probably turn out to be a happy accident. From all I've read, the Crystal Claret red is going to be sweet. Wait and get that color. I think a lot of people are going to like it.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
No not in an 06, looks like it might be an 08, but we don't know what the new claret red will look like, we both lover the monterey red, with cashmere.
That's the idea, cool your jets Cessna. Patience gets you an LS3 and some interior changes. Don't get me wrong, I love my Monterey / Gray and black '07, but there's no getting around the fact that the LS3 will be a bit better in the power department than my LS2. I've never seen a model year of Vette colors that didn't have at least 3 or 4 that I would own. I'm sure '08 will be the same.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
That happened to me too. I didn't know anything about allocation until too late. Next time go to your biggest corvette dealer in your area. They are allocated first. I will order from Kerbeck and call it a day though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the a**hole order a very highly optioned Vette then cancel. Then do it again a few more times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well with the weekend over and all the phone calling and searching we have done,we still haven't found out any more, we do not want Z51 or dual roofs and mag ride is not a breaker for the deal, just want Monterey red,6 speed,cashmere ,magnetic ride, the rest is negotiable, we will keep you up to date, also looking at a possible vette with black interior, and all of the options we want ,but kinda have a sour taste in my mouth cause of the incompatence with the fleet sales consultant, Just may order an 08 and forget about this summers road trip in a new vette.

·
Registered
546 Posts
the one thing i can not stress is BUYERS REMORSE

be patient and get what you want, you will thank yourself in the end.

especially when the 08's are getting ready to come out with the new red and we do not know what it looks like. you could like it better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have thought long and hard about waiting and thats what we will probably do, but just afraid that we wont like the color, kinda hard to imagine but a real possibility, thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
161 Posts
the one thing i can not stress is BUYERS REMORSE

be patient and get what you want, you will thank yourself in the end.

especially when the 08's are getting ready to come out with the new red and we do not know what it looks like. you could like it better.
You will KICK yourself inside of 6 months if you 'settle' for something less than you want! Wait for an '08.:agree:

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
DC Sponsor Kerbeck:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Longtimer, thanks for the Monterey red announcement being out of production,looks like we will wait for the new 08's to go on sale. Just couldn't fine the right combination that we wanted, and we wanted it to be what we wanted not what somebody else thought we wanted. :buhbye:

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
As a sales person myself Ive seen this happen, someone is niterested in a product that is out of production and you dont have any and if they knew that they will go else where to find it.

He didnt have the skills to talk you into a different color so he did what he did which really sucks.

But as stated look at the bright side, you will get 425-450BHP and you can get a custom leather wrapped interior......

If you dont like the new red then try a different color combo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts