Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15x8 with caps and rings off 79 Vette?
Very good condition...
I'm looking at them today after work and do not know what to offer?

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
15x8 with caps and rings off 79 Vette?
Very good condition...
I'm looking at them today after work and do not know what to offer?
I bought a good set with tires from a '69 Vette for $400. It had all the caps and rings. They were the 15X8 set.

Make sure the ones you are looking at are the 8 inch wide and not the 7 inch wide. I have seen a lot of ralley sets that say they are 15X8 when they are really 15X7. If there are tires on them, best way to tell is if the center cap end is almost even with the outside ring. The 7 inch rims, the center cap goes out past the rings.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've seen asking price of ralleys on C.L. @ $100 ea on the high side.
I feel if they're in very good condition, that $400 would be fair.
And don't forget your measuring tape...
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
:cheers:Score!!!
Very good!..:thumbsup: (I got a set of 4 with almost new tires, trim rings and center caps for free!...they're on my '72 Chevelle now).

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Back in the day I never thought of those steel rally wheels as having any value. 35 years ago, I bought this 2-year old '74 and immediately put new slotted aluminum wheels on it. I threw the old rally wheels away. In hindsight, I should have held on to them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Back in the day I never thought of those steel rally wheels as having any value. 35 years ago, I bought this 2-year old '74 and immediately put new slotted aluminum wheels on it. I threw the old rally wheels away. In hindsight, I should have held on to them.

Thanx for that photo Texdentist! I've been thinking of some different non-spoked wheels for my '75. Not that I don't like my ralleys, but to me they make my car look a bit plain Jane. Now after a good look at those slotted alum's, you've got me thinking of them.
I'm off to the pic gallery to see if I can find some more slot config's.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Thanx for that photo Texdentist! I've been thinking of some different non-spoked wheels for my '75. Not that I don't like my ralleys, but to me they make my car look a bit plain Jane. Now after a good look at those slotted alum's, you've got me thinking of them.
I'm off to the pic gallery to see if I can find some more slot config's.
No problem! Hopefully yours never ends up like mine did. I painted that car black, and the picture below is the same car and wheels after my wife's cousing backed into a telephone pole at high speed on a wet night. Note the gas tank sitting in the rear window opening. He was a very lucky person. :cheers:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ouch! That's too bad you lost that car like that!
I was trying to see if the spare tire and carrier were present in that crash...?
By the looks of the fuel tank, I'll bet the driver was soaked in fuel. :surprised

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Ouch! That's too bad you lost that car like that!
I was trying to see if the spare tire and carrier were present in that crash...?
By the looks of the fuel tank, I'll bet the driver was soaked in fuel. :surprised
The tank didn't rupture. His main injury was A bunch of facial lacerations where his head kicked back as the rear impacted, broke out the rear window, and his face was cut from the glass shards hanging down from the window frame. Lots of blood, but luckily mostly superficial wounds and no eye damage. Like I said, he was very lucky. This was around 1979.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts