Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have toyed with selling my vette on and off for a long while.. if I were to sell it what would it be worth?

89 vette 102K miles
built 350
ZF6 with 4.10

Custom stereo ..

New leather...

everything works.

www.vettextc.net

but what would it be worth, or better who would want it?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Oh that old thing? I'll give ya $500 to get it out of your garage.:laughing:

Na really I wouldn't sell it if I were you man. You have so much invested in that car you'll never see it back and you'll loose your ass selling it. I wouldn't ask a penny less than $20,000 for it. Might sound high but to sell it you have to really feel like your getting something for it. It would be a travastey to see it go for anything less.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na really I wouldn't sell it if I were you man. You have so much invested in that car you'll never see it back and you'll loose your ass selling it. I wouldn't ask a penny less than $20,000 for it. Might sound high but to sell it you have to really feel like your getting something for it. It would be a travastey to see it go for anything less.
I don't expect to get $20K or even ask that honestly..

I REALLY want a ZR1, this would have to go if I decide to get a Z,

I have owned this car for 14 years too..

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
You sir, have a tough road ahead.

It's been a never ending project car, and no sale price will feel right because of all the time and money you've put in the car over the years.

Due to the fact that it is so far from stock, and built to suit your personal tastes, and the inherant complexity, I'd say you would be lucky to get $2000 over current market price for a stock vehicle with the same miles.

You know that modded cars are hard to sell in general, and most folks get 5 cents on the dollar for mods currently on a vehicle, if that.

If you really want to sell it, you have to price it to sell it. The test of whether you have it priced right or not is whether you sign the title over to someone and give them the keys.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KBB say 7K.. :surprised

my friend just sold his modded 84 for $8500

I figured I could get no less then 10K from the RIGHT buyer.

The test of whether you have it priced right or not is whether you sign the title over to someone and give them the keys.
yep you got it. Like I said I am thinking about it, but I have not placed an ad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Personally, I'd do research on what other vettes which are similar to yours are selling for. Work your pricing out from there. Try what feels right.

Search anywhere and everywhere for similiar vettes being sold. Ebay motors, Autotrader, CorvetteTrader.com, etc

Good Luck

- Richard

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey Jeff!!!..............Do you take trade In's? I'm selling my car the ad is coming out next Thursday. I'm asking $8250 and it cost the previous $7500 just to buy the body kit and have it installed.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I don't expect to get $20K or even ask that honestly..

I REALLY want a ZR1, this would have to go if I decide to get a Z,

I have owned this car for 14 years too..
I guess that's my point the car is worth so much more than you can ever get for it that it would take a high offer like that for me(personally) to sell it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I toyed with selling my 85 for awhile. But knew I couldn't even come close to getting what I had invested. So instead I went the other direction and sunk more money into it. Thus the lambo door kits. Now I've really put too much into it, so I have to keep it. But in the process, I've turned it into what I want, and I'll probably keep it forever. Trick paint job is next. You just have to decide whether or not to make that commitment. Since I wanted to build something really wicked, I bought a 1985 Z28 for my old lady, and am building a 355 with a 6:71 blower, that were hoping to get 700 hp out of.:devil:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts

yep you got it. Like I said I am thinking about it, but I have not placed an ad.
I wouldn't sell mine for that, I was offered 12K for it and I laughed. Seriously Jeff with the work you've put into that car there's no way you should let it go for less than 18K. Sure it has 102K on parts of it but so much has been replaced you can't compare it to a stock car.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Maybe...you could sell it, then buy it back with a missing motor and collision damage...then spend tons of money you don't have for a car you don't need to rebuild it bigger and better than ever, only to later look at it and wonder what it is worth if you ever sold it.

:smack

I don't know anybody that would do anything like that (twice on the same Vette).

Actually, I think it is worth between $8,500 and $12,000 - depending on your buyer. The trick is, they have to have cash, as a bank isn't going to loan that much and may not go 100% of the $7K book value of a stock car.

I see C4s with high prices, and some sell through dealers that hold the note. Notice how many of the big used VEtte dealers never advertise the price...they advertise the PAYMENT.

A private owner doesn't have that ability - unless you also own a bank.

You might put $15 to $17K on it, and get lucky by finding a dude fresh out of a litigation settlement with cash in hand looking to blow it. My friend hit a home run on his 71 Camaro that way.

·
Registered
218 Posts

You can buy a 94-95 with half the mileage for $10k. You can buy an LT4 for barely more than that. You appear to have the corvette pricing disease...

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can buy a 94-95 with half the mileage for $10k. You can buy an LT4 for barely more than that. You appear to have the corvette pricing disease...
if I do then tell me HOW my friends MODDED 84 sold for $8500??

I don't have the pricing disease.. if so I would have said 20-25K LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts