Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, title kinda says it all, but again, what do i need to remote start an '06 vert. ive installed remote starts on newer vehicles that needed serial data bypasses, but never vehicles with RFID fobs. i know xpresskit makes a bypass, but i dont understand exactly what it does, or what its supposed to integrate with.

Also, is there an OE remote start setup for this car?

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Viper makes one and my understanding is you will need a second key one that gets locked in the car under the dash that the system uses to start and run the car.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viper makes one and my understanding is you will need a second key one that gets locked in the car under the dash that the system uses to start and run the car.
viper is a directed electronics brand. xpresskit is also a direct electronics brand. xpresskit makes the VATS, PASSKEY, and RFIP bypasses, viper sells the universal remote start keyless entrys.

the xpresskit listed for the vette tells very little as to what it actually does. best i can tell, when coupled with a universal remote start system, it gives power to a fob located inside the unit that will allow it to start

what i dont understand is how you get around the passive keyless entry, or how to get past the brake override.

i've googled and cant find any information about remote starting these cars.

This is the Xpresskit bypass

in its istallation guide it gives almost NO information as to what it actually does other than give the fob power when told to by an additional remote start module. it doesnt say if it gives lock/unlock funtions, trunk or anything else. it also doesnt connect through data like many other bypasses do.

directed elcetronics makes viper, python, clifford, autostart, xpresskit, and several other brands. all of the brands are capable of all the same things as far as im aware, but they all have different remotes, and VERY different prices.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I'm no expert I only chimed in because I was at a local install shop getting my GPS put in and heard the tech talking to a guy who had a similar setup. It was a BMW but I think it was a push button start system and he mentioned the second key needed to stay in the car. But that is all I know. I would be interested in what you find out. I was thinking of putting a system in my C6 later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts