Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an article about the Tea Party and it's effect on this cycle of elections. At the end of the article were a couple of paragraphs that I thought defined it pretty well:

"Many Tea Party activists believe they have a historic calling to realign the Republican Party around the nation's founding ideals. That vision has helped elect a number of Tea Party candidates against better-known and better-funded establishment Republicans in recent primary races. It's also likely to find broad support with independents and traditional Democrats who put patriotism above special interests and entitlements.
The majority of Americans still know by experience and instinct that it is the character, initiative and ingenuity of people that are keys to restoring the nation's greatness, not wealth redistribution and regulatory spoils arrangements undertaken by faceless government bureaucrats. As for the November elections, the Tea Party folks say: "Bring it on, baby."

link: http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=551656&p=2

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I would love to be pleasantly surprised on Nov.3rd. However, I don't tink the Tea Party is fully baked yet. Remember, although they've been around since GWB, they've only come into significance in the 20 mos. since Obama's election. I believe they wil grow stronger and by 2012, will be a force to reckoned with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts