Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,547 Posts
most tpi corvettes in good tune top out at about 150mph, the LT5s at about 170mph

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
speed

I have had mine up to 139,and i know that it would have broke 140+.A lot of fact sheets say 150.I think they might be right if you car is in perfect tune.:partyon: :buhbye:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Stock C4 from the factory was supposed to do 150. Only had mine up to 130.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I had my '93 up to 151mph and backed off due to a vibration. I'm sure I could of seen mid 160's... plenty of revs left on the motor.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
142 and climbing when I had to back off...it still had plenty to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had my bone stock 94 coupe (auto, 2.59 gears) up to 163 and Im sure the way it was climbing it would have crested the 170 mark for sure, just started running out of real estate. 167 in the GS and again could have easily seen the 170's as well.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tonyboo said:
i was just kind of curios does any one knows the top speed of the early and later c4's??:(
Mac Demere, road test editor for Motor Trend magazine was able to get a stock '92 6-speed Z07 equipped LT1 coupe up to 172 mph on Mrs. Orcutt's driveway, a stretch of flat road that parallels Interstate 40 in the Mojave Desert east of Barstow, CA. He did this in 5th gear, the car wouldn't pull 6th past 160mph. They published the results in an issue of the magazine in late '92. I'll see if I can find it.

According to Mac (who drove my '92 Z07 6-speed LT1 in the Solo II National Tour Event in late '92) he decided to see how long a panic stop would take from that speed. It took almost a quarter mile as it turned out.

Also, he pointed out that top speed depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is how much room you have to run up to top speed, and how much room you have to decelerate.

Ray

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: what is the top speed of stock c4's??

RT66Z06 said:
Also, he pointed out that top speed depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is how much room you have to run up to top speed, and how much room you have to decelerate.
:rolling:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
On the highway I hit 144 with some room to go. On the dyno I hit 165 in "D", tech said he didn't want to put it in "OD" for fear of damaging the tranny.:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I run out of gears at 120mph! :(

I wish I could turn the "N" on my shifter to a "5". I could use another gear with these 3:73's.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
lt1vert said:
I run out of gears at 120mph! :(

I wish I could turn the "N" on my shifter to a "5". I could use another gear with these 3:73's.
Really? I didn't know the top speed of a very would drop by 40+ mph with the gear change.

I have the factory 3:45 gear, and can reach un-godly speeds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
lt4 + 6 gears > lt1 + 4 gears

I run out of gears pretty quick. It's not exactly at 120 but there's really not much room to rev after that.

I really wish I had an Over overdrive so I don't have to be doing 3000rpms at 80mph.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts