Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this part back from the paintshop, a left over, which could not be given a 'home' after fitting everything back after disassembly for paint.
What is it? And of course where should it go?
De largerst size is about 6" and the thread in the 2 nuts is, yes!! M5, so is it indeed a Corvette part???
Thanks,

Cor

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
It looks like the piece that covers the lock/latch area on the inside of the door if memory serves.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Both answers are correct. :agree:

Goes inside door to divert water away from the inside lock mechanism to prevent freezing locks. I believe it also makes it harder/impossible to slim jim the door.

Unless you're driving in freezing rains, not needed. Put it on a shelf somewhere.

Those two metric wholes screw through the door in the door jamb near the top of the door toward the rear. You probably have two holes in your door where this would mount.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, that means, it should go here:
See pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/vdl/IMG_2303.jpg?t=1304790088

Well as you agree that it is not really needed, and my car will not be outside in frost or rain, I think I'll just leave it on the self...
Appears to be better as big-G said it is a PITA.
Maybe I will get to it when I adjust the side windows a bit better
thanks for the answers, I appreciate it!
Cor

Well, somehow I just can't get this pic to work:huh:

Attachments

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
im sorry...cant help it...cant stop laughing....:rolling: makes me think of they "typical" box of left over parts after taking something apart and putting it back together....can't help but think of the scene in Doc Hollywood when MJ Fox picks up his porsche from the "repair shop" and gets a box of left over parts with it :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, you are very welcome to your laugh!

But now I know a little more, and looked at pic's I took before it went to the paintshop, I found that where one of the screws should go, there was already an empty hole.
So, I now assume, that the paintshop found the plastic diverter inside the door, and sent it to me, as they had no way of knowing where it belonged.

Cor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts