Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body mods: Greenwood body kit, Chrome 97 vette wheels with chrome C4 valve stem covers, Z06 Calipers, Pad covers with mirror finish, 13” front 12” rear Drilled and slotted brake rotors, Custom chrome 3 bar rear light louvers, Driving lights, Mirror wind noise deflectors, Brake ducting, Bilstein shocks, Custom medium chestnut paint job.

Interior mods: Nardi wood steering wheel, Burlwood shift knob, Burlwood wood grain trim kit, Dash carpet kit, upgraded sun visors, updated 86 window motor and brackets, Custom in dash CD stereo w/4 6x9 Kenwood speakers, Kenwood 320 watt amp, Kenwood 10 band EQ, Tinted windows, In car cell phone, Nordskog fuel pressure gauge, Cyberdyn Air/Fuel gage w/ Auto meter dual gauge pillar pod, Chrome sill protectors, Custom Corvette headrest logo, Viper car alarm.

Engine mods: Performance chip, K&N Air filter, steel timing chain gear, Aluminum radiator, steel braided upper radiator hose, MSD ignition, MSD Multi-spark Box, MSD 8mm plug wires, 160 thermostat, 180 degree fan switch, KBD targa mufflers, Cold Air Induction, Free flow cat, 85 fuel pump (45psi), R-D Camber Brace, Chrome caps which includes (brake fluid, power steering, Cruise control, Air conditioning drier, Battery top cover, Radiator expansion tank cover w/ chrome cap, Air compressor cover, blower motor cover, windshield washer tank cover).

In Garage: Edelbrock Performer Heads (70cc), Compucam 2030, Comp Pro Mag R/R 1.6, Crane Double Roller Timing Chain, Hardened Pushrods, Lifters, Head Bolt Kit, Transgo Shift Kit, Proform Polished Valve Covers, SBC Gasket Kit, X-Ram in the mail.

Well, what do you think????

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
That a lot of good stuff! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
What do I think??
I think you need to quit being so lazy and get to Work!:laughing:

J/K The car looks great keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Holly cow thats a ton of work.:thumbsup: Did you do all your own work?

Guess you won't be impressed with my mods. I put the sticker on myself. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
War Machine said:
Your car looks BEAUTIFUL!! :cheers:

The parts in the garage will make you grin. :D

Have you thought about doing a torque converter and gears?
First: ragvatte, no I didn't do all the work myself, just some.

Second: War Machine, I hope they make me grin, and yes I am going with 3.73 gears. I don't know about a torque converter, I heard I should go with a 2800 stall. What do you think?

Thanks for the compliments guy's, I do the best I can with what I have.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
2800 sounds good to me but I'm a little bias. :laughing:

I have a 2800 stall w/ 3.54 gears. From my experience w/ that I'd have to also recommend a trans cooler. You'll be running much higher rpm's. I don't see exhaust on your list so I assume you don't have any mods to that. If you plan to install headers in the near future, maybe look into an oil/trans combo cooler. The headers will cook the oil in the oil filter. I'm looking at oil/trans combo's and I'm probably going to relocate the oil filter too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
War Machine said:
2800 sounds good to me but I'm a little bias. :laughing:

I don't see exhaust on your list
I have one problem, I live in Cali. I have yet to find headers for my car that are smog legal. I do however plan on getting flowmasters 50 series.:thumbsup:

Tony, One day we will hook-up, soon I hope.:buhbye:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, I really don't know what makes them illegal, but everytime I call anyone about headers they tell me they don't sell headers for the 84 Vette. The closest I came was hedman 68447. Don't know if I should chance it or not. Can you check them out and let me know what you think?.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
That depends on where your EGR is connected to the exhaust. I uploaded a picture to the gallery of an exploded view cross fire and I see the EGR valve on it but I don't see where the EGR connects to the exhaust. The 68477 headers have the EGR connection on the passenger side. If yours is on the same side then these headers should work. They have AIR too so they should be emission friendly.

·
Registered
0 Posts
WOW!!!:surprised Good job!:thumbsup: I want to bring somthing to your attention about the 373's you plan on installing....I have them & love them however when I had the x-ram setup on I ran into a wall at 4000 rpm's....felt like a rev limiter....I wat told thet I had too tall of gears for my setup!:surprised As soon as I yanked the old engine & did away with the crossfire/x-ram I can go to 6000 rpm with ease! I just want top warn you....I hope you dont have the same problem I did (yes I had a new distributer & 85 fuel pump). Also 2800 stall is what I am running & I love it...just remember that a 84 has 27 spline not 30....I ordered the wrong one the first time...Good luck!:cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm so happy to see these 84's being worked on. I always see the advise to people to "buy the newest you can afford" but someone needs to be buying and modding these older Vettes. Keeep up the good work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
raidmagic said:
I'm so happy to see these 84's being worked on. I always see the advise to people to "buy the newest you can afford" but someone needs to be buying and modding these older Vettes. Keeep up the good work.
For some the newest is the best way....alot of people are not that good at working on cars......I cant wait to get a c-3 to restore...of course a non origional modded version!:smokin:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sound's like fun!!:buhbye:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts