• Politics and people feeling they are so important

Votes: 72 62.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it that keeps you away? Who would like to start thier own club but doesn't know how?
If you have another choice you would like me to add to the pole let me know and I'll add it.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I don't like people....that's funny.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Btw, I am in a club but I'll tell you it is very hard sometimes to make it to club events. I just do what I can.:thumbsup:

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
Politics and bull ****.

I am an old school car club guy. Meet in a shop and work on the car...:thumbsup:

You could add Politics and bull **** and make it multiple choice...

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Politics and bull ****.

I am an old school car club guy. Meet in a shop and work on the car...:thumbsup:

You could add Politics and bull **** and make it multiple choice...
Yeah Ivan I'm with you about the Politics/Bullshit. I was on the board for a year and got to see it first hand...no thanks.

It's just a club, we aren't curing cancer. People take **** so seriously.:down:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I would be a terrible member for a club.:laughing:

I own multiple businesses, have a significant other, and 4 kids that call me dad, and I travel. So, my plans change/cancel/reschedule constantly.

It's impossible for me to be at a weekly meeting, and very difficult for me to guarantee being anywhere really.

Clubs like participation, and that's not something I can promise.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You should add it back into the poll. Might get more hits than you would imagine. Hell, I choose it. I was in a club and didn't care for the politics and all the drama. I know it's a corvette, but geez, lighten up people.

:partyon:

·
Registered
89 Posts
When we lived in NJ we were in a club for about ten years. It had its share our politics and crap but overall had really nice people. We just got bored because it was the same thing over & over,political meeting and monthly "cruise" which was really a park and talk. When we moved to Florida 18 months ago we went to a local club event to check it out. A few people came over to talk to us and were curious as to what we do for a living [ok] what kind of income do we have [not ok] how many cars how large is our garage and is that all we have are C4s? Needless to say that was the first and last visit there. DC is all the club I need.:partyon:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I started a car club about one year ago http://www.breathlessperformancecorvettes.com
1st order of business was no meetings just fun for the people and cars all we do that is different is that we charge $35.00 per year per family you get 2 t-shirts a window sticker, dash placque and paid entrance to every car show the club decides to go to as well as feeding the Club at these events. We do all this by taking on sponsors who help us generate enough money throughout the year to pay for all this. When we started the club we were on fire almost 300 members within the first 6 months of existence, but after weeding out the political trouble makers and all the true Corvette Ego people we have downsized by choice. Here is a quote from our club Guru "it is not the Quantity of the people, it is the Quality of the people" TODA

Well thats my Two cents.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've never preferred organized clubs, mainly due to politics, discord, and too many scheduled commitments. I prefer to attend car events and such on my own and when I want to do so. Years ago I was in an R/C model plane club (to have a place to fly). It was a pain for the above reasons and now I have enough land to fly models from my own property.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'm always on the move somewhere and doing something. Very hard for me to commit to the meetings and enough of the events for it to be worth my time. Political drama also drives me away. Usually a great group of people just I paid for the car not the club. Really don't care to have 30 Dad's scolding me every move I make.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts