Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried Royal purple for the first time at the begining of the year. My engine is running smoothly, so I just bought a case for my next oil change. I found a supplier who I can get it for 4.36 a quart. What do you use?:)

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Natural Hi said:
I tried Royal purple for the first time at the begining of the year. My engine is running smoothly, so I just bought a case for my next oil change. I found a supplier who I can get it for 4.36 a quart. What do you use?:)
Because I don't have much time, I get my oil changed at "Fast Lane". They know me and my car, and they do a killer job.

I only use Mobile 1, only because I haven't had the time to research anything else.

That reminds me... I'm due for an oil change!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Mobil 1 in all the cars. Whenever there's a sale I stack up a few cases.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, Mobil One. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wal-Marts here in Tennesse sell Mobil1 in a 5quart jug for $18.88.
check your area Wally-Worlds, might save you a few bucks!!:excited:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i usually us panama jack oils at the beach...
oh sorry,i use mobil 1 only,i use [email protected] gold series oil filters.did you know G.M. stopped making the stock C5 oil filter?they have a different one .PF 46 o r something like that.moibil 1 200,000 mile wear test is unbeatable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mobil 1 - 15W50 in the 69 - 5W30 in the Tahoe - 10W40 in the wife's Jeep.

Also use Mobil 1 Gear lube and grease in EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
mga said:
thats good info.the test i saw before was a ls1 disassembled and every tolerance measured.the motor had very little wear and was nowhere even close to needing a rebuild.thats after 200,000 miles.
i do use red-line in the rear though.something about the G.M. additive sitting over night seperates from the other fluids.takes a couple miles of driving for the fluids to blend together.that could add up over time.i've had red-line in the rear for 1 1/2 tears now and the rear is smooth as silk.and i drag race alot.got me thinking,time to change the rear fluid:buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,940 Posts
Mobil One in the Vette, Kendall Racing in the Hot Rod

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Mobil1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts