Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some electric slot cars to put above my garage. I would like to setup a track...have about an 850 sq ft 2nd floor...lots of room. Does anyone recommend a brand? What should I know about slot cars? Where's a good place to buy them?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
I am looking for some electric slot cars to put above my garage. I would like to setup a track...have about an 850 sq ft 2nd floor...lots of room. Does anyone recommend a brand? What should I know about slot cars? Where's a good place to buy them?

You only want to do 1/32 scale. Don't do the little tyco slot car sets. Although I have a bazillion feet of that kind of track, the 1/32 cars are huge, mega detailed... and the cars can be "set up" with different race rubber, magnets... it's more fun. I bring out the set ever few years because the kids take up the whole living room.

Here's the last time I had the little slots out....

I have this in 1/32....

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
LOVE THE WAY YOU HANG YOUR PICTURES PATRICK ***
:rolling:

the only car I have left is a CHEETAH that I painted LeMans blue

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
LOVE THE WAY YOU HANG YOUR PICTURES PATRICK ***
:rolling:

the only car I have left is a CHEETAH that I painted LeMans blue
We are moving to Arizona in 2.5 years, this house is just temporary ... so we don't plan on hanging a lot of pictures. :laughing:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the scalextric. They are awesome.

My C5R isn't the fastest in the pack, but it is really cool with headlights and brake lamps. Fly makes great cars. All other brands I have tried, Ninco, Carrera, suck.

I have both the old and the new track. The new track is really easy to put together and take apart. Plus there are many radii available for 4 lane setups.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So to recap...:laughing:
1 -The track in your living room is "Tyco" and small...not recommended.(You don't want to move too much **** so just give me the tycos in 2 years)
2 - Buy 1/32 scale cars and track.
3 - Patrick is a lucky guy because he is moving to Arizona :D ...I'm just jealous:laughing:

How big is the 1/32 track? I guess I'll quit being too lazy and check the link you provided:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Have you bought anything from them? If you have, are there any sets you would recommend? Just curious:thumbsup:
Yep. My original 1/32 set was from Scaletrix. It came with a vintage Camaro and Mustang. I have since added lots of cars and track.

The set I bought doesn't exist anymore. This is it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCALEXTRIC-C1091-USA-CLASSICS-T3-1-32-SLOT-CAR-SET-RARE_W0QQitemZ370313748319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item56386b5f5f

I never knew it was rare, nor do I care. :laughing:

If I were you, I'd find a kick ass hobby shop near you, walk in and talk to the experts. It appears there is a lot of new stuff from Scaletrix... including digital tracks... and drifting tracks/cars?

If I had to go with something, I'd get this new digital system...

http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/digital/pro-gt-c1242/

As always, the cars that come with are awesome... but never your first choice. At the hobby shop you'll get to pick from an eye-popping array of cars...

Here are some of mine... of the hundreds that are available...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. My original 1/32 set was from Scaletrix. It came with a vintage Camaro and Mustang. I have since added lots of cars and track.

The set I bought doesn't exist anymore. This is it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCALEXTRIC-C1091-USA-CLASSICS-T3-1-32-SLOT-CAR-SET-RARE_W0QQitemZ370313748319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item56386b5f5f

I never knew it was rare, nor do I care. :laughing:

If I were you, I'd find a kick ass hobby shop near you, walk in and talk to the experts. It appears there is a lot of new stuff from Scaletrix... including digital tracks... and drifting tracks/cars?

If I had to go with something, I'd get this new digital system...

http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/digital/pro-gt-c1242/

As always, the cars that come with are awesome... but never your first choice. At the hobby shop you'll get to pick from an eye-popping array of cars...

Here are some of mine... of the hundreds that are available...

Wow...nice cars:thumbsup: I'll have to go on a mission this weekend and see what I can find

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
No question that the detail of the larger scales is outstanding ...and tempting. But their footprint is much bigger also. Partly because I still have some classic HO train stuff, partly because I've always had HO/ 1:64 scale slots, and mostly because of the smaller foot print, I've stayed with HO.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are moving to Arizona in 2.5 years, this house is just temporary ... so we don't plan on hanging a lot of pictures. :laughing:
Hey Patrick,

Since this thread came back from the dead...over two years:laughing: I will post too.

Looks like you beat the 2 1/2 year goal!!

See you in two weeks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No question that the detail of the larger scales is outstanding ...and tempting. But their footprint is much bigger also. Partly because I still have some classic HO train stuff, partly because I've always had HO/ 1:64 scale slots, and mostly because of the smaller foot print, I've stayed with HO.
I always had the smaller cars.:cheers:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go get a Carrera set. The only brand with RF wireless controls and banked curves.

They sell 1/32 and 1/24 scale cars and plenty are Corvettes.

They are easy to use and repair.

Much easier to repair than Scalextric as a result of the plugs used for the digital components in the cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts