Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What level of mechanical work do you do on your Vette?

• Do all my own work

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Do most of the work

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Just oil changes

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • What’s my mechanics number?

Votes: 3 11.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My dad does all of his work. Hes a mechanic so he knows what hes doing. Most of the time.:laughing:

G

·
In the interest of honesty, I chose the bottom button because my car is in warranty. Otherwise, I wouldn't let anyone touch it, short of a machine shop, and only pieces at that.

Well, maybe a glass man.:partyon:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
I call -=Jeff=-, then I pick up some Krispy Kreme's and watch the master at work. If I'm lucky, he'll let me help.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
My father was a mechanic, so I grew up around cars. Do all my own work, although I do look for advice here and whereever else I have to when I'm working on something. :)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I Am a Master Technician so I do it all
I'm in the middle of stripping her down to re-paint
Before I paint I'll pull the motor & overhaul with a cam, Intake, headers, (sidepipes??) and clutch and...and...and...

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Most of my own work means.. the easy stuff. :p

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
All of it... Mechanical, electrical, paint, body,interior and stereo systems.

Even wrote my own fuel/ignition calibration curve for my 97 coupe using VLTC software.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I try to do as much myself as possible....I dont like the idea of my car being at a a shop that doesnt love the car like me....Its real easy to chip a door on a lift or jack up a c-4 in the wrong spot!:( I will admit that sometimes I have no choice & have to bring the car somewhere to be repaired but I dont like it!:(

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
I do my own stuff except the things that take special machines ie alignments, tire mounting and balancing. My brother-in-law has access to a tire changer but it won't do aluminum wheels so I have to pay someone else to do it. I always take the wheels and tires to them instead of leaving the car with them.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I usually do all the work myself then I take it somewhere for them to do it right! :laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I do all the mechanical work with the help of my father. He does all my body work with the help of me. I have a close friend at a tire shop to do all the tires and alignment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts