Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm running EFI. What micron filter should I use AFTER the A1000 Aeromotive pump? Have a 100 micron before the pump that will flow 1000 hp. Have another 100 micron filter I was going to use after the pump, but I'm worried about plugging injectors up. I'm using -8 AN line.

550-600 hp 427 sb, may put a 150 nitrous shot on it next year too.

Also, any particular brands?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
HUmm....intesting topic, all I use is a carb style filter in the suction side of the pump coming from the tank, been that way for years....some time ago I had all sorts of problems with local fuel supplies and water, but changed stations and no more problems....the two worst down here are BP and Shell, there is a local/regional chain called GATE, that is about the best and cheaper to boot...so I go there and stand fight for a slot in a station with over a dozen pumps...go figger...I have replaced the filter maybe 4x since being here in Florida ten years now....

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
HUmm....intesting topic, all I use is a carb style filter in the suction side of the pump coming from the tank, been that way for years....some time ago I had all sorts of problems with local fuel supplies and water, but changed stations and no more problems....the two worst down here are BP and Shell, there is a local/regional chain called GATE, that is about the best and cheaper to boot...so I go there and stand fight for a slot in a station with over a dozen pumps...go figger...I have replaced the filter maybe 4x since being here in Florida ten years now....

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think I used a AC Delco G626 10 micron stainless steel cased filter...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thanks 84, I just ordered a Jegs 10 micron -8An fittings/filter. Unfortunately it was $80, last one I will ever buy though.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
If you buy a stainless filter cartridge you can wash it out, then it'll really be the last one you ever buy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the stainless fillers only came in 100 micron? I have one of those before the pump and another one I won't be using it looks like.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
You can get a 45 and 60 micron stainless screen and possible even a little finer from specialty sources like purolator/facet. For a diesel you should really use a 1-2 micron filter but for fuel you don't need that fine. Carbs do fine w/ 60-100, FI is recommended with 10 but the range is something like 10-40 if I'm not mistaken. If you are afraid you'll ruin/clog the injectors, use a 10 micron or finer. You probably won't be able to get a very fine steel filter.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep, I think I gave you the solid model for that after I added the crossdrilled hole pattern.

Edit: D'oh! I just looked at it again. Don't think it is the one I modeled. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Yep, I think I gave you the solid model for that after I added the crossdrilled hole pattern.

Edit: D'oh! I just looked at it again. Don't think it is the one I modeled. :cheers:
I think I have your model also but it's probably not the one behind the modular wheel in the intro animation. ..then again, could be the one behind the oem wheel model.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Golan makes a fi filter washable with 10 micron ss washable filter. It was marketed ny K&N and Holley at one time too.
I have also seen billet filters on Summit or jegs that have the 10 micron ss filter.

http://www.golanproducts.com/filter-exploded-view.html

I use the element in my edelbrock billet housing on a qjet.
I really dunno about filters and microns all that much, BUT, I have noticed paper filters in Qjet carbs, and others for carb uses, inline glass with replaceable elements....all sorts of stuff....

then I look at the screens in the fuel injectors....and am not all that impressed....

so I just put in that carb style 3/8 line ~2" diameter ~3" long filter in the suction side of my pump/fuel line....never had a problem associated with it....had a few clogged filters allright, due to crappy gas, but never any injector problems....they all been fine, throug the crappy gas and all, no traceable faults....ever...

beeleemee I have had it to over top with weird troubles, but fuel filters have done their job....and they just whatever is done for carbs...not injection...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK thanks a lot guys. I did order the 10 micron/replaceable -8AN JEGs filter yesterday (paper replaceable element). I'm just worried about plugging an injector and leaning out a cylinder on my new motor, just trying to play it safe.

I was going to use a 100 micron filter before the injectors but then started getting worried. Thanks for the info, probably saved me a rather expensive motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts