Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many here, I've owned other Corvettes

Thus I did consider other cars Before I bought my C5 Z06

I looked at Porsches, Vipers, and one car that kind of caught my attention was A Supercharged Acura NSX

I like the body lines and the car Handles well

Heres a clip

Fast forward to about 1:00m

Question: What Other Car Did Y'all Consider before you bought your Corvette ??

NSX/ Stick'n it to a Viper
& The clock don't lie fellas

Alittle Rice Dicing with a LamBo

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know some of you guys atleast considered another Brand or have Something other than a vette in the garage

Post'em up ^^

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Daihatsu Midget MP4
Kia Soul
Izh 2126

Ok, just kidding. We considered the late model GTO (for the extra seats) as well as the G8 GT, but the G8 was still new at the time and just over budget. All in all, the C5 with a side car for the little one worked out just fine.

:smack

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daihatsu Midget MP4
Kia Soul
Izh 2126

Ok, just kidding. We considered the late model GTO (for the extra seats) as well as the G8 GT, but the G8 was still new at the time and just over budget. All in all, the C5 with a side car for the little one worked out just fine.

:smack

The G8 GT :

Very nice car :nuts:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I had considered selling my SC'ed 05 Corvette and purchasing a 2000 Ferrari Modena. After driving the Ferrari, I was quickly brought back to Corvette land. The Ferrari actually wasn't everything I imagined it would be and for the price difference, it needed to be.

I can't imagine owning or enjoying anything else as much as I have my Corvette.;)

We do have a 68 GT500E (aka Eleanor) in our stable but it has yet to see the road.:lookinup: I think I'll enjoy driving that one quite a bit, but I still love my Vette's more.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I considered Audi r8
But just did not have the lines of a vette
We have other sports cars but they just don't measure up
Corvette fan for life
Can't wait to see the real C7
P.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I considered Audi r8
But just did not have the lines of a vette
We have other sports cars but they just don't measure up
Corvette fan for life
Can't wait to see the real C7
P.

The Audi R8 is a beautiful car:

It uses a 5.2 litre engine based on the unit in the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
The motor develops 518hp/391ft lbs torque

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Corvette, Viper, Lamborghini

after that they are all just cars to me

BLK 1 :buhbye:
I considered a 2005 Murciélago

I don't like the all wheel drive on the Lambos and have you checked the price on replacement Parts ? Lol

Also Lambo Service makes GM look like they are running a 5 starr* Dating service

Then you can't drive it anywhere
because the car draws too much attention and Jelousey:devil:

I know because I was invited to join The Lamborghini Of Los Angeles Car club

You should hear some of the stories they tell

Still a very nice car and much better engineering than Ferrari has to offer

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I'm half way there for a Murcielago and the Viper is also paid off so that will be used as a trade in also. The parts are crazy but I have a very special contact so everything will be half off. Just think, a clutch will be only 7K.....:thud:

BLK 1 :buhbye:

BTW: that is the EDO rear wing I will put on the car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I owned a srt-10 viper before my z06 and a 750Li (which i had alota problems with) so that drove me away from the e92 m3 which i was considering

I was debating a porsche but IMO it just doesnt compare to a vette ( I have a few porscehs in my family and friends with them as well)

I like the AMG benzes but those are more family oriented

the z06 just felt right ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Never considered buying anything but a vette. The vette was my childhood dream. I was in like with Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos but in love with the vettes.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I was saving my pennies for a 911 C2S, but then I met someone with a C6, and the rest is history.

The vette was spot on for what I wanted, and it was half the price.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had considered selling my SC'ed 05 Corvette and purchasing a 2000 Ferrari Modena. After driving the Ferrari, I was quickly brought back to Corvette land. The Ferrari actually wasn't everything I imagined it would be and for the price difference, it needed to be.

I can't imagine owning or enjoying anything else as much as I have my Corvette.;)

We do have a 68 GT500E (aka Eleanor) in our stable but it has yet to see the road.:lookinup: I think I'll enjoy driving that one quite a bit, but I still love my Vette's more.:thumbsup:
2000 Ferarri Modena

Approx 70k used

400Bhp from a 3.6L motor

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was saving my pennies for a 911 C2S, but then I met someone with a C6, and the rest is history.

The vette was spot on for what I wanted, and it was half the price.
911C2S

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I owned a srt-10 viper before my z06 and a 750Li (which i had alota problems with) so that drove me away from the e92 m3 which i was considering

I was debating a porsche but IMO it just doesnt compare to a vette ( I have a few porscehs in my family and friends with them as well)

I like the AMG benzes but those are more family oriented

the z06 just felt right ! :thumbsup:
AMG BENZ

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Some things have no substitute...

Mom, Apple pie, USA, and Chevrolet...:huh:

If I could not have a Corvette I would be driving the
fastest damn Chevy pick up you have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts