Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a Mustang guy a long time ago, had 3 of them.

79 Mustang GHIA
85 Mustang GT
85 Mustang LX 5.0

They were all slow as crap, with my best ET of 14.40 with the 5.0's.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a candy-apple '66 Musgang GT.

Now I have an '86 IROC-Z in addition to the Vette. I enjoy driving both but the Vette rules.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
1969 Triumph TR6
1972 Plymouth duster 340 six pack 4-sp
1975 Monte Carlo 400 small block
1979 TransAM (Smokey/Bandit car) big block 4-sp
1982 Camaro 5.7
1989 Camaro IROC-Z 5.7 tune port 5-sp
1992 T-bird 5 speed

There were a lot of others that either the wife or me have driven but this is the interestin list. None of these are really "cool" but they were fun transportation. All this leads up to the 2K C5 TR Coupe. Now that ones COOL!

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
Cool Cars ???? I had a good 1965 Chevelle 4 door wagon, does that count? It was a fun car with a 283 engine that I used for short drives. Well they were short, about a 1/4 of a mile at a time. Once this old jewell blew of a 426 Hemi Road Runner on a heads up run, it was close on the top end but I got him by about an inch. I forgot to tell him that the wagon had 6.14s in the rear, a little chassis work, a 283 that would leave the line at 7200 and a host of other small things that made it come to life. Bob http://members.kos.net/willisb/:excited:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I've had a lot of them over the years, but this is one of my favorites.

68, 327-350hp, 4 speed. Fun car to drive. Sold it to a guy from Austria. He may by lying on the side of the autobahn right now, :laughing: :laughing: I'm in the process of building a 23 t-bucket, when I get it a little further along, I'll post pics.

;)

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I really didn't have any cool cars to speak of but I had 2 fun cars. My very fist car was a 77 Firebird. That thing was quicker than most everything on the road at the time. Only problem was nobody told me that a car needed an oil change after 3k miles. After 6 months the engine went POOF!! :( Sold the car not running. Oil channge lesson learned! :thumbsup:

My other fun car was an '80 4 banger Mustang. I beat the living CRAP outta that car! :laughing: I gave up on that car after I broke my 6th motor mount, burned up my 3rd clutch, broke 2 transmissions and 1 rear end gear! Good thing I did all the work myself with some friends b/c this was the car I started my shade tree career on! I'd be broker than Michael Jackson if I had to pay to repair everything on my vehicles after that.

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
My first car was a 65 Pontiac GTO which was pretty fast back then and my flirting with a 79 Fiat X1/9 which was tricked out (as far as possible) That car scared me not with speed but it could bend a corner as good as a vette....I know its blasphemy!

·
Registered
990 Posts
nice ride

I got a nice one now , its a 99Cobra convertable and its not slow at all. If I knew anything about posting pics I'd put it up for your approval. It is really nice.:thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
I had a bad ass 1970 Chevelle SS big block. Had 4.11 Posi rear end that was tubbed out with 335 drag radials. It had a HUGE cam and some nice heads. Never took it to the strip or dyno because I was the end of my high school years and into college. Didnt want the parents to know how fast it really was and that I was racing it. Of course I raced the **** out of it on the street and eventually smashed into a gaurd rail on a farm road and cracked the frame. I won that race but hit some loose gravel as I was hitting the hooks.

I then moved on to a 1996 Z28 SS....then to a 1999 Trans Am WS6. Both were modded. Then progressed to the all mighty Z06 of today!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ive had some pretty cool stuff but it always improves with each purchase.

1974 Camaro (mild 350, first car in high school, one of the fastest cars at the school as well)

1979 Camaro Z-28: drove this car my senior year, after school did a total resto on it and built a wicked 355 with Brodix heads, B&M supercharger, custom blower cam etc. Sold this car about 1 1/2 years ago

1980 Camaro Z-28: bondo bucket but looked cool, Charcoal gray with centerlines and cowl hood (hillbilly version of my restored 1979 :D )

1992 Mustang LX 5.0 all the bolt on mods, ran a [email protected] on motor and ran [email protected] on the juice (125 shot)

1994 Mustang Cobra: stock except for a 150 progressive shot (made a few bucks street racing this car)

1994 Corvette Coupe Polo green with black int. auto, nice car but got bored

1992 Corvette Coupe White with gray int, bought the car for a killer price and it needed a couple of things, had it for about 1 1/2 years and sold it for what I paid for it

1996 Grandsport Coupe (info in the sig)

Had some nice daily driver cars but nothing worth talking about.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The man likes speeeeeeeeeeed. YES

1 - 14 of 14 Posts