Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1989 Corvette coupe with 42000 miles. Asking price of $9500. Great condition and the right color combination for me. Is this too much money ? I have always owned C3s and getting into the C4 is a different world. What should I look for ? I looked under the car for rust on the frame and couldn't even find the frame :laughing:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
immediately bring it your mechanic and have him put it on a lift you need to look below for oil spots or any kind of leak/water transmision etc etc etc best of luck keep us posted

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
immediately bring it your mechanic and have him put it on a lift you need to look below for oil spots or any kind of leak/water transmision etc etc etc best of luck keep us posted
It looks like It's been sitting a few years in the same spot in the garage I didn't notice any drips or stains on the floor. I know this isn't proof but the way the car is packed into the garage I know it hasn't moved in awhile. I have had C3s sit for years without starting and had no trouble. Will not being run harm the C4s ?

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
any c4 owners out there IMO yes i think the vette should be started frequently to get the fluids moving in the engine IMO

·
Registered
233 Posts
Check the upper windshield, and remember the car has a lot of steel but covered with fiberglass. They are not as plastic as they look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts